Chapter Twelve

[Why don't we—Invitation]

Alexa

As I think about his messages that he sent to me like two days ago, I wonder if maybe I should tell Gabriel and Gabriella about Elijah. I think that's not going to be a problem because they already seem to like Elijah, especially Gabriella. They are still kids, so I think it's not that hard for them to accept Elijah as their father. They won't even understand it fully either. Gabriel and Gabriella are just three-year-old toddlers, and they will not give a big reaction. My plan before was to tell them when they were at least ten years old or older, because at that time they would understand better about all this. Since Elijah keeps appearing like this and forcing me to be with him again, my plan needs a change. Tell the children about this even though they don't understand anything.

Currently, I'm taking my day off because I want to spend my time with my children. I think I've been busy these days, and it seems like I neglected the twins. I feel bad for them, so yeah, I took a day off from any work today and decided to bring them out and have fun the whole day. As soon as I wake up, I pull my hair into a low bun and then walk out of my room to see if Gab and Ella have already woken up or not. I walk to their rooms, and they're empty. That means they've already woken up. I bet they are with Dolly since she always comes early in the morning. I told her to stay here because it is much easier for her, but she insists.

I went downstairs to see Gabriel and Gabriella. I walk into the living room to see them playing with Dolly. Then I remembered our conversation about Elijah. I still can't believe she's one of the women who slept with Elijah. Out of many women in this world, why does the nanny of my children have to be Elijah's one-night stand? That man probably already slept with every woman in America and caught HIV. I bet he has it and will die from it.

I thought Dolly was an innocent woman who didn't socialise that much because that's what she said to me when I had a conversation with her. I guess people change, but whatever. I am with the woman who has known Elijah all this time, and all of a sudden, I feel a bit awkward with her. Especially when she knew that Gab and Ella were Elijah's children. Since the day she told me about Elijah and her, Dolly has always tried to avoid me, even though she knows she's going to fail since she works for me. I feel sorry for her because she met the worst man on earth. Dolly is a great woman, and she should never meet someone like Elijah because she deserves better.

"Hey, my pumpkins," I said when they didn't notice my presence. They turned around, and when they saw me, they got up from their place and ran to me. I open my arms to let them hug me.

"You want to spend time with mommy today?" I said, and their eyes were full of excitement.

"Yes! Yes! Yes! Want it!" They jump in excitement and then hug each other. I smile warmly at their behaviour and then look at Dolly, who is looking at us now.

"Dolly, can you change their clothes because I want to bring them out today?" I said to her.

"You're not going to the office today?" She asks.

"No, I think today I want to be with them." I smile at her, and her face looks uncomfortable knowing I will be at home. "You're coming with us too because I don't think I can handle these hypers," I said, and she nodded her head, then smiled at me.

"I will get ready now, and both of you go and change your clothes too," I said, and they just ran upstairs without waiting for Dolly. I shake my head when I look at them. "Dolly," I call her, and she turns to face me.

"Yes?"

"I know things are quite different now, but I hope you are not feeling uncomfortable around me. I don't care about that one-night-stand thing because Elijah means nothing to me now. So, I am fine with it. I said this because your face looked so awkward and uncomfortable when you saw me. I am fine with all that, I swear," I said to her, hoping she would feel better. I don't want Elijah, Dolly, or anything else to resign. It's so hard to find a good nanny these days, and I don't want to lose her.