Chapter Thirty

[Why don't we: do Something different]

Alexa

When I'm in the middle of doing some paperwork, I hear my door knocking, and it opens. "Ms. Johnson, Mr. Sanchez is here to see you." My secretary said that, and I nodded my head. She let him in. To be honest, I don't know why Joseph wants to meet me, but thinking in a positive way, I just let him.

"Goo-" I stop when my eyes make eye contact with Elijah. I should've known about his plan. I never thought he would use his friend to meet me like this.

"Wha-... I thought it was only Mr. Sanchez." I said, and then I saw one familiar woman standing behind both of them.

"I'm sorry, Alexa, but can we talk? This is so important." I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and then told them to sit on the sofa. After we sit, I look at them but not Elijah. I don't want to make any eye contact with him at all.

"So, what's the important thing?" I ask. Then that woman cleared her throat, and I turned my head to her.

"Well, I have something to tell you...." She said it in a careful and scared voice.

"Yes?"

"You know. Ummm. Those pictures that you... Gave it a few months ago?" I raised my eyebrows. What's wrong with those pictures? "I'm the one who sends them to you." Suddenly, my mind remembers that she is the woman in those pictures, and she is the one who keeps telling me to go back to Elijah. Right, three of them are friends. I just stay silent and look at her intensely. "I'm so sorry. I did that just because I don't want you and Elijah to be together. I feel envy for you, and when I met him at his office, he refused to have sex with me, and I became so angry that I just decided to let him suffer by sending you those pictures. That picture actually was taken three years ago and only one from a few months ago, but that was before you guys met each other. I'm so sorry; it's not his fault; it's my fault. Please don't be mad at...

"And to be honest, he didn't even want me. I'm the one who always went to him and forced him to have sex with me." With that, she goes to me and holds my hand, which shocks me. I already forgot about those pictures, and here she is trying to explain it all. Whatever.

I look at her, who is kneeling while holding my hands. I don't know how to react or say anything, so the best thing to do is just keep silent. "Alexa..." I turned to look at Elijah, and his face looked so broken. Sad? I can't describe his face right now because it contains a lot of expressions that I can't even describe. I just look into his eyes and then look away after a few seconds.

Alexa, speak something. Don't just be silent." He said that, and I looked at this woman, who was still kneeling in front of me. "You don't need to kneel; get up now. Your knee must be hurting. Get up." I said, and she stood, then went to sit in her seat.

"Okay, I know all of you are here for the same reason, but I don't think I want to hear all of this nonsense. I am tired of all this drama. I want to be happy, and you, Elijah, can you please use people just to get me back? I don't like it. At all." I said it, hoping he would understand.

"Look, Alexa, me and Rebecca will wait outside, and I hope both of you can talk about your problems because my part is done here. Let's go." They both stand up, but I stop them.

"If you want to leave, then bring him too. I don't want to be alone in this room with a man like him." I said.

"Alexa... I know you're still mad at me, but please look at me and talk to me." He begs, but I still look away. "Alexa baby... "

"You know what? I'm really tired from all this. I only want one thing in my life, and that is to be happy, but you always stop me from being happy. Every time I get my happiness, you always appear and ruin all that. And I will end up crying like an idiot. " I said, and this time he didn't look at me because he put his hand on his face. I stand up and look out the window.

"I tried to be a new person, and that makes you happy. I promise you that you won't get hurt again, and we can live happily ever after." I scoff when he says that. I turn around and look at him this time.

"What? Do you think this is like a fairytale? Elijah, once I say no, it means NO. Stop forcing me."

Just then, he said, "Alexa, I only want you to forgive me. After I know that you already forgive me, I will disappear from your life and let you live your life with Gabriel and Gabriella. I will give you as much time as you want to think about us. I will never force you again." He said it, but his words didn't affect me in any way. Not anymore. "Just one thing I want you to know is that I will always love you, and I'm very sure this feeling will never change like it did before again." I look at him, and I just don't know what to say. So, I do the thing that I really want to do: slap him. He just let me "If hitting me can make you forgive me, then hit me as much as you want." He said. Then I slapped him again and punched his chest. He is still standing there, doing nothing. The next thing I know, I knee him at his ball, and he falls on his knee. I feel so satisfied, but kind of guilty. He deserves it.

"Next time, don't let that thing get in and out of women's. Take care of that, manwhore." I said, and he finally found his balance and stood in front of me again. "I think you and Rebecca will make a cute couple. Why don't you go and be with her? Because I will never go back to you, even though you keep telling me you want me in another ten years. I will never go back to you.

"Rebecca, he's all yours now. No need to send me those pictures again." I said, and she gave me a sweet smile. I can say she really wants him. Good then. I open the door, and three of them just walk past me after our last eye contact. He didn't even glance back at me when he walked to the lift. Maybe that's the best thing, because at least I didn't feel sad.

******

Right now, I'm in the bathtub, playing with the bubbles. At least with this, I didn't think about the incident that happened earlier. I want to forget all of it.

About Gabriel and Gabriella, I think they will understand sooner or later. They can still meet Elijah if they want. I don't have to worry about that because everything is under control. I smiled, closed my eyes, and decided to stay in this bathtub a bit longer.

I walk out of the bathroom and walk towards my bed. I take my phone and see if there are any notifications. I got one message, and that's from Jared. I opened it to read and reply to him.

Alexa, can we hang out tomorrow, maybe after you finish your work? How about that? "

Sure, just text me the place. I also want to tell you something and need your magic words. " I press send, and he replies within a second.

"Hah! But what happened? "

"I will tell you when we meet tomorrow. Now I want to rest. Good night, Jared."

"Alright then. Sleep well, beautiful. " I smile when he calls me beautiful. I put my phone aside and walked into the closet. I wear my night gown.

I lay down and put myself inside my thick blanket. I can feel the darkness slowly consume me, and with that, I drift to sleep.

_________________________________________

Well, how does this chapter make you like it?

How's chapter 30?

Vote

Comment

Share

*****

Much love from me.

Little Munchkins