Chapter 3

Humaira

Today is the day that school starts, and i could be more excited. I am not just happy because school starts but today we will be having a scholarship examination in our school, if I am lucky I could be chosen to go to another school in the city to start my university.

I have been praying to God to help me get this opportunity and now i have it, i just hope i don't miss this chance.

Kaka... Kaka zan tafi makaranta( grandmother am going to school?) i said putting on my shoes and then i ran out of the compound.

When i got to school i went to my class and sat down to go through what i have read at home.
While reading my classmates entered the class.

Tabbb... Kunga wata na karatu( woaw see that girl reading) said one of the girls that entered and they all looked at me and started laughing.

Aiko kina da aikin yi dan baa taba cin jarabawan makarantan ba ( you have a lot of work to do no one have ever passed this exam) said another girl and they all sent to there seats when they saw the rest of the students coming inside the class.

After a while our principal came into the class

Good morning student wato yau neh ranan jarabawa wada inka ci zaka tafi wata makaranta karatu ( so today is the day we write our scholarship exam which if you pass you will be transfered to another school to continue your education) he said.

He said and then two people which i suspected to be our invigilators came into the class with a big bag with contains paper inside.

Okay let get ready they said but then no one understood them until the principal translated it in Hausa language.

I did my dua before i started writing my exam. After the exam i went home because i knew that my grandmother will shout at me because i was late.

When i came back home i saw many big cars packed infornt of our house which was weird.

When i went inside the house my grandmother called me to greet some people, there was an old woman and a man with an man who looks like there son seated beside him. I greeted them in Hausa language and they replied.

Toh wannan neh suka zo naiman auren ki ( this people came to look for you hand in marriage) said kaka and i looked at her and then at the boy i was to marry which i was to get married too.

At that moment i couldn't even talk and say No to that i am not ready to get married to anyone, i felt a pain in my heart that i couldn't even explain today was suppose to me my happiest day but it turned out to be a tragedy, no word could explain what i left at that moment so i ran.... i ran out of the house ....

I could hear my grandmother screaming my name but no this cannot just happen to me, i know that no one will hear my cries, no one will let me be who i want to be, my name is doom i have disgraced my grandmothers name but its just not fair....

....

.....

...............

Humra

I love my parents very much and i will obey all their command and wishes, today my dad and mother told me about their decision that i should study here at home which i have agreed to.

Today i started my New University here in Kaduna's states. I still studied journalism because i love it and that is what i want to study.

Today in school we were giving a project to visit villages get good Information about there there stay in the village and the challenges they are facing their. Me and my partner Abubakar although he's getting ready for him project defences we went to a village not very close to Kaduna it was called the.

On our way to the village we spotted a girl running but i couldn't see her face very well and so we followed her something about the girl made me very curious, when we followed her direction we got lost her because she was running very fast.

Let just go and find someone else said Abubakar standing at my back

No Abubakar lets follow this path i think she followed that path i said pointing at a small path into the bush.

Humra we are not going to follow that path can't you see its a bush said Abubakar walking backwards

I don't even think she's a human lets just go and do what we came here to do and go he added and walked back to the car.

I had a feeling that that girl was a human bit why was a so curious about her i asked? myself but then i needed to stop all that nonsenses and focus on what brought me here i said to myself and then i walked back to the car.

After a long long long day we all went back home but that girl has been on my mind since and i didn't know why but then i decided to forget about her and let everything go.

Hello guys i hope you are enjoying the the book.....
Here is a quick question to you all .....

IF YOU WERE HUMAIRA WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE DONE??
WOULD YOU GO BACK HOME
OR WILL YOU JUST GO BACK AND ACCEPT THE STRANGE MAN ......

I would like to know what your opinions are.....
Thank you

Please don't forget to comment, share and vote. 😘❤❤❤❤