CHAPTER 4

FIVE YEARS LATER.

HUMAIRA

You guys must be wondering my life had been but then i am telling you it was a living hell. 

I went back home after that bad news I've heard which i think was a very wrong move because my grandmother told me that since i won't get married and that i have disgraced her she has arranged a work to do as a house maid in the city which will serve as a punishment.

And that was how i was deprived away from school for 5 good years. I worked for a woman called Hajiya Aisha. She is a single mother with only 1 son called Ismail.

Ismail is a young boy that is my age mate, we do really get along something's but then his mother is a bit strick when it come to taking care of her child.

Hajiya Aisha is one creepy woman i something do not understand her at all, she gets money alot of money but without a job nor a husband.

Humaira Humaira she shouted my name from the other parlour watching tv.

Na'am(yes)  i said and then i went into the parlour

Today my friend will be coming to this house today so i want you to clean the house, make sure that this house is very presentable kina ji na( can you hear me clearly) she said looking at me while i nod my head

Toh kije kiyi abun dana saki kar kisani yin magana kingane( ok go and do what i told you to do and don't make me talk can you hear me) she said looking back at the tv

Toh( ok)  i said and then i went back to the kitchen to start the days work......

After some few hours i was down with all my chores, i went into my room to take my bath and wear something appropriate. When i came out from the bathroom i heared her shouting my name again, i dressed up and went to the main sitting room.

Na'am(yes) i said when i looked up i saw her with a man

Kije ki kawo mana abinci da su laimu da ruwa ( go and bring the food, drinks and water for us) she said and then i went to the kitchen

When i came back mistakenly i tripped and then i fell near the mans leg luckily i kept what i was holding, when he tried to help me get up i noticed something in his hand that matched the mark on my back, i quickly got up and went out not looking at the man's face.

Who is that man i thought, and why does he have the same mark on my back is what i have been wondering about too bad i was unlucky to see his face but then i decided to forget about him and move on with my day.

After he left Aunty Aisha called me to her room which was a bad sign, when i went in she told me to go on my knees which i did as told

Ke baki da hankali neh, ke mahaukaciya ce, waiyar banza karuwa mai bin maza dama haka kike shigiya aii na gane shiyasa dana ke san labari da ke ko to walahi sai kin bar mun gida shigiya ( are you out of your mind, are you mad, fool, bitch so this is how you look for boys that's why my son likes gsting you right, you most leave this house today)  she said with both hands on her hips, today i have never felt pain in my life so i got up and went to my room to pack my things up.

Toh zan tafi ( ok am going)  i said to the woman with all my cloths inside my Ghana must go

She eyed me and went inside her room she came out with money and throw it on me which i didn't carry and then i walked out of her house.

Not knowing were to go or how to survive on the street i kept on walking on the street in the night not thinking about all the devil on the street.