Chapter 2

“ You can’t come?” Danny shrieked on the phone.

“ Watch your tone young man!” His father boomed in reply.

 Danny kept shut and bit his lips. He moved around his room with a depressing frown on his face. Tomorrow was Christmas Eve and he called his father when he would be coming home, not home, to the house for Christmas. His father apparently wasn’t free to bring him to the house. So Danny this year wasn’t going to spend his Christmas with his so called Family. He could hear his step mother and step brother talking and laughing. He wanted to scream at his father but he knew that was stupid decision so he shut up. His father was screaming and shouting at him at the other end about his grades, marks and what not.

“ I heard about your economics grade, Danny. B-!! You want to ruin your family’s name huh? Look at Diana, she brought A in all of her assignment. Why can’t you be like her, you good for nothing idiot.” He went on and on.

Danny just rubbed his forehead to ease the headache. “ Dad, I am taking extra classes. I am trying my best.” He tried to reason out. “ Well your ‘trying my best’ isn’t good enough, Danny. Stay in college this Christmas. Not like you enjoy it so much. Do something useful. And if I hear that you are showing your sissy behaviour with the guys over there. I am not taking the responsibility of the damage. Do you hear me?” His father growled.

“ Yes, Dad.” Muttered Danny as he played with his pencil on the desk trying to ease the pain in his heart

. He heard the door open and turned back to see water drenched Nathan closing the door. He came over at Danny and kissed him on the shoulder. Danny smiled and pointed at his phone where his dad was still talking. Nathan just smirked and pulled out his tongue teasing him. Danny wanted to laugh but couldn’t. Not when the Hitler was yapping on the phone. He heard him go to the bathroom and turned his attention on the phone

 “ Talk to your brother. He wants to and you say no one cares about you.” his dad muttered something as he passed the phone to Dominic. Danny rolled his eyes. He never said that to them even though it was the truth.

“ Hey, my sissy brother. How are you? enjoying your college. Sorry, you couldn’t come but that’s not the thing I wanted to talk about. You see, I am getting married.” Said his brother. Danny’s eyes went wide. “ That’s great.” He muttered.

He knew he wouldn’t tell him anything until there was something in for him.

“ Well, you see Layla, the one who I am marrying is kind of interested in art.” Oh boy. Thought Danny. “ and you are good at it so..”

“ Wait, you didn’t look over my sketches?”

‘ If I said yes will you do me a favour? Please! The wedding is in one week. Please!! I will make you my best man.” he said.

Danny sighed and said, “ Okay what?”

“ Layla would love a wedding portrait on the wedding day. Danny, do this as a wedding gift. How does that sound? And don’t say no, sissy bro. Come on.” Dominic said.

Danny sighed and rolled his eyes.

“ Okay whatever.”

“ Great bro. Merry Christmas.” And he was off.

Danny looked at his phone and threw it on the bed. He sat on his study chair and looked at his mother’s diary. He leaned on his desk and sighed. Why did he always had to compromise? With his fake family on top of that! He heard the bathroom door open and looked back. The naked Nathan walked out looking for a towel.

“ Hey, Danny I left my towel here last week. Where is it?” he asked looking around. Danny with a sigh stood up and took out his towel from wardrobe. As he was handing him the towel, he felt Nathan’s hand very hot than usual.