Chapter 5

(A/N) 

A short pov of Lily when she saw Rey talking to Chris for @killercrazefan324. This is a little back in time so don't confuse it with present time. 

-------------------------------------------------

Lily's pov

"Let's see..who else is left?" I continuously wrote down information in my notebook, am I taking notes? Nope, only an idiot would do that, why would I worry about all this school stuff? After I become queen along with being rich, I won't need to do anything. All the heroine ever did in the game was flirt and go to balls right? 

Right now I'm very busy doing something much more important, I'm jotting down the capture target names and their likes and dislikes. So far I've got down Allan Valenrett, the duke's son, Elroy Estcard, the general's son, Leo Asturias, the second prince and Christian Asturias the crown prince. 

I know I said that I was going to give on him earlier but that was only in the heat of the moment. I mean he's the freaking crown prince, Leo won't become king unless Christian steps down or dies. I'll need to charm him if I want to be queen. But Leo's still a good back up plan.

Raising my head to check the time I see it's already lunch time. Ah! I forgot about my lunch! Putting away my notebook, I paced towards the gate where I see my brother talking to another student. 

"Is that prince Christian?" I unconsciously blurted out, he has the same blonde hair from afar..What's Rey doing talking to him? I should hurry, that country bumpkin(Rey) must be bothering the prince. Doesn't he even have shame? He's probably trying to embarrass me on purpose or something. Upon walking closer, before I could make out whether the other person really is prince Christian, he ran away. Well not literally but he did leave pretty quickly when he saw me, Guess I was wrong after all, it's just some other kid that has the same hair color. Why would prince Christian run away from me? Prince Christian would come towards me as he's highly interested in me after meeting by the tree, at least in the game that's what happened. 

"Brother!" I walked to Rey "Who were you talking to?" I questioned him to which he casually replied "Just a random student. Lily are you making any trouble?" Then why would he run away from me? You probably told him bad things about me! And how dare he(Rey) assume I would cause trouble! It's already an honor just to glimpse at me! I snatched away the bento in his hands "Of course not Rey, I'm not that incompetent. It's annoying to constantly be told that okay?" Finished saying that I left, hmph! See if I care who you talk to anyways, it's most likely just some lowly noble, how fitting for you! 

Back to present time/story~

Rey's pov

"I love him, I love him not, I love him" I quietly whispered under my covers while plucking the petals off a flower "I love him not, I love him!" Seeing the last petal in my hands time froze, I-it's not true! We're both guys! He'll find me disgusting! Hastily, I threw down the the flower and the petal in my hand. 

Why did I blush when he held me? We're both guys, it shouldn't be anything big! He was grossed out seeing a man blush wasn't he? Pulling me covers over my head, I tried not the think about it. But images of what happened always appeared on my mind. "I should stop meeting him.." as soon as I said that, a tight feeling rose in my chest, Why am I feeling this way? Why did blush? Why does my heart beat when thinking of him? I don't love him! 

A knock came at the door interrupting my thoughts "Rey are you feeling better?" mother's voice sounded from beyond the door. "Yes, mother. I'm sorry for getting sick at such a time and having you send Lily's meals to her." They were already busy enough but now I've just added to their troubles. "Rey...You know you're my little baby right? Don't worry about anything right now, just focus on getting better. Your father and I love you very much. You've been the best son we could wish for, but you should start thinking more about what you want." I'll admit it, I teared up a bit hearing that, "Thank you. I love you guys too." "Get some rest okay?" "Yes." I heard the sound of footsteps leaving.

Despite what I said to my mother, I still couldn't sleep, thoughts just kept appearing in my head. Who am I? Am I gay? No can't be, maybe I was just lonely because of my sister moving out or I was under the effects of my cold. I did get a fever when I came home. Frustration clawed at my chest, only when I ran out of energy did I finally manage to fall asleep.

4 days later~

"I'm leaving!" I shouted to my parents before grabbing the bento and closing the front door. On the way to the school, I was a nervous wreck, Act normal, act normal, I kept repeating the same lines in my mind like a chant. Upon seeing the guards near the gate, I tried talking to them confidently "H-hello" but what came out was a weak and shaky voice. "Good morning" one of the guards replied, ignoring the awkwardness oozing out of me. To which I was grateful for, quickly bowing to them I went inside. Whew, I wasn't attracted to them! I'm not gay right? Last time was just a one time thing.

Waiting near the gate for Lily again, I saw Chris from afar. My chest tightened, he must've seen me too as he came closer. Seeing his face made my heart beat, butterflies swarmed inside my stomach, luckily I hadn't eaten breakfast yet. W-what's happening? Why am I reacting this way? This didn't happen with the guards so why with Chris? 

"Hey Rey, why didn't you come to school these past few days?" he inquired. "H-hello um I w-was s-sick so my mother.." In a panic my voice came out weak and turned quieter the more I spoke. "Are you okay?" a worried expression appeared on his face. "Y-yes" I didn't look him in the eyes "You sure?" he probably didn't believe me but I wouldn't have either. "Yes" I answered him with my head still lowered.

"Hmm, if you say so." seeing the awkward atmosphere, Chris changed the topic. "Yes" I meekly replied. "Still be careful okay? I don't want you getting sick again. It doesn't feel right to not see you everyday." while smiling he says this. A blush crept up onto my face reacting to his words. 

Peeking up at him the sun shone brightly behind him, illuminating him. He looked perfect from every direction. Wait no! Stop thinking about him! You're not gay! Argh! Why am I blushing now! He probably thinks I look like an octopus! Is there something wrong with me? I'm weird aren't I?  Tears began to form the more I thought "Rey, are you listening?" his voice snapped me out of my rambling thoughts. "Y-yeah" I nervously answered back

"REY!!" Lily's voice sounded out. "You're back already?" she asked while running our way. Aw, she's so thoughtful, worrying about me. "Well, I should be going now. Rey make sure to get some rest okay?" Concern flashed in his eyes before he walked away. 

"Rey!" when my sister finally reached me her cheerful voice rang out. "It's been a while. How have you been doing at school?" "I've been doing awesome!" Seeing her smile lifted up my spirits, until a thought appeared in my head. "Did anyone bully you?" "Geez, if you're so worried you should've attended school with me in the first place." she said to which I only smiled in response. "Why are you here anyway? Just leave bringing my lunch to mother" She's so cute worrying about her big brother. "It's fine, mother's busy and I'm already fine." 

"Here's your lunch, I should go now, I still need to help out back at the shop" handing her the bento I was about to leave when she spoke up. "Rey, who have you been talking to?" "Just a student, why?" "What do you mean why? You've been talking to them so much!" "Are you worried about me? Don't worry it's fine, I'm a man myself" "That's not it! What's their name?" "Huh? Why?" "Stop asking me questions. What's their name?" "His name is Chris." I finally replied to her questioning. 

"Chris..Chris.." She mumbled while standing there. "Wait! Chris?!" suddenly she yelled out loud. Her eyes held surprise within them. Looking at me weirdly for a bit she left with her bento, leaving me there puzzled at her reaction.

-----------------------------------------------------

(A/N)

Sorry for long wait! I couldn't quite figure out how to write Chris' dialogue because I wanted him to be a cold and cool character but in this chapter he turned out to be more gentle a caring. But what ever! I tried my best. (I actually wanted to make this chapter longer but then you guys would have to wait longer so it's just this much)

Also not sure if I properly conveyed the emotions Rey is going through and his denial in his love towards Chris. Next chapter will also have his denial and everything. I'm trying to work up to when he can accept Chris and not just be like boom he's in love. 

Why do you guys think Lily was so surprised?

Did she realized Chris' identity?

Thanks for reading!