To Forget The Past: XXIII

"You're smiling,"

I looked up from my book, my eyes meeting Kane who was leaning against the bedroom door frame, his arms crossed, a smile on his face.

"What? No I wasn't" I closed the book and set it on the dark wooden bedside table to my left.

"Yeah, you definitely were," I opened my mouth to argue before he spoke again. "And now you're blushing..."

I felt my face get redder, making me mentally groan. "Shhh, no I'm not" I said, hiding my face with my hands.

Kane only chuckled, "Oh, of course not." He shook his head gently. "Come on, I wanna take you somewhere."

I looked up from the bedsheets, my eyes on Kane's, "Uh.. where?" I asked nervously.

"Guess you'll have to wait and see," Kane turned and started walking out of the room.

"You know, I hate surprises!" I shouted so Kane could hear me.

"Oh well, get your ass up, I'm taking you out." He shouted back.

Taking me out?

The thought brought a large smile to my face as I threw the covers off my legs and got out of the bed, excitement and anticipation flooded my body.

"Hey," Isaac appeared in my room as I threw on a hoodie. I nodded at him, giving him my attention. "So, Kane's taking you out?" He asked with a knowing smirk, as he leaned against the doorframe like Kane did five minutes ago.

My face heated him, but I couldn't stop a smile dragging out on my face. "Okay, he didn't mean it like that"

"Oh, he definitely does" Isaac said, making me get even more nervous.

"Nope," I disagreed, telling pure facts. "Not a date, he just wants to take me somewhere"

Isaac looked at me, raising his eyebrow, "Mhm... think whatever you want to"

"It's not a date." I said matter-of-factly as Isaac walked out of the room.

"Suuuuuure,"

"Why'd you bring your bag?" I asked, my auburn hair whipping around in the wind wildly while I sat in the passengers seat of my Jeep, Kane in the drivers seat.

"I need it for what we're doing,"

"Oh, that answers everything," I said sarcastically, bringing my eyes out at the passing buildings and cars.

"Yup," Kane simply said, not giving me more information.

I ponder of something great
My lungs with fill then deflate
They fill with fire, exhale desire
I know it's dire my time today.

Car Radio started playing through my speakers, my phone plugged into my car, shuffling through my playlist.

I looked at Kane, seeing him mouth the words, making me smile, though then I remembered how he totally bashed me for listening to this band.

"Um, excuse me?" I pulled Kane's attention away from his thoughts, "you made fun of me for liking Twenty One Pilots and now you're mouthing the words?"

Kane rolled his eyes and sighed, "I didn't make fun of you,"

"Yeah, you-"