Chapter 15: The Truth

Blake's Point of View
Stepping off the plane with Carlos and riding to the Reagan household had me nervous. I hadn't been back in years, especially to Krissy's home. It held memories that I wish I could relive. Sooner or later, she was going to be mine again.

I parked the car in the driveway, taking a deep breath. Carlos looked over at me. He knew we were staying with Krissy's family. He offered to rent a house or get a hotel for the week. I shook my head. I needed to be close.

"Are we really going to stay here?" Carlos asked. I nodded, shutting the car off. I got out. Carlos doing the same. I grabbed my luggage from the trunk and rolled it up to the house. Memories of Krissy and I sitting on this porch came to mind.

We almost kissed the very first time here. That was when I began to realize I had feelings for her. I was just too stupid to leave my playboy ways. I wish I would have figured it out sooner. I shook my head free of those memories and rang the doorbell.

"Hello Mrs. Reagan." I said upon seeing here. She opened the door, a bright smile on her face. She loved me since day one and I was grateful for that.

"Blake! How are you?" She said pulling me into a hug. I chuckled. She always loved me, even from the start.

"I'm great. Thank you. This is Carlos, my teammate." I introduced her to him.

"Thank you for allowing us to stay with you this week." Carlos said to her. She let out a laugh.

"Anything for this boy. I'm still confused as to how you and my daughter aren't the ones engaged." She said. I sighed.

"I'm trying. I still love her." I told her.

"I know. She still loves you, but she's blind to that love right now. Whatever happened between you guys needs to be fixed before she returns to you Blake. You need to fix it." She explained. I nodded.

"That's my plan. Where is she, by the way?" I asked. I looked around the very quiet house.

"She's at the diner. Everyone else is there too." She answered. I nodded.

"Thank you. We'll see you later." I said. She nodded, giving me another hug. I smiled before walking back out to our rental. I got into the driver's seat with Carlos in the passenger's seat. I drove the way to the diner. It felt surreal that I was going back there. Being back is definitely weird.

When we got there, I was able to see the group through the window. It seemed as if they had just arrived. I wonder if the girls' boss still owns the place. I know she was like a grandma to Krissy. She still doesn't get along with her own.

We stepped inside, the warmth engulfing us. The little bell rang overhead. The group all turned their heads to us. My eyes instantly connected to Krissy's. Her eyes raked over my body. I internally smirked. She gulped. I still had an effect over her.

"There you are. Mrs. Reagan told us we could find you here." I said. I noticed that there was room next to her, so I slid in. Carlos grabbed chair and sat on the end. He smiled at Morgan.

I could feel Krissy shutter against me. She was trying really hard to ignore what she was feeling. I could see Daniel visibly tense. I guess he was finally noticing that we were meant to be and not him. I heard the server cough. I turned and saw the blond that worked with Krissy and my sister. What was her name again?

"I see you two are still in love. I'm glad Blake finally asked you to marry him. I swear this boy was in here every day." The blond joked. I smiled, turning to look at Krissy. Her gaze was on the ring. I frowned. She did say yes. It was the first time I saw her with it on, making it official.