Boy Talk

Evan's POV

"I, for one, don't like Jasmine. In my dictionary, she's definitely the definition of a gold digger. The DNA test is the best idea yet. You can't trust that girl, Evan," Zack said as he drank his diet Coke.

"How is she a gold digger?" EJ asked.

I had just gotten back from a meeting at another branch and decided to meet up with the guys for lunch.

I had just told them what transpired between Aria and Jasmine. They already knew about everything else: Jasmine quitting, the breakup, Bradley, Jasmine's pregnancy. I regretted telling those two clowns anything because, now, they were going back and forth like Jasmine and Aria.

"I like Jasmine. I know she screwed up but nobody's perfect. We all make mistakes and learn from them," EJ added.

"Mistakes? Her leaving your brother for Pittsburg wasn't a mistake. It was a choice. And the only reason she made that choice was because those were her true intentions all along. Quitting and starting over with the millionaire. She's only back with Evan now because she discovered Bradley was playing her all along."

"Man, don't pass any judgement on Jasmine like that. You don't even know her," EJ defended.

"But I know her TYPE. She must've banged with Bradley dozens of times, got pregnant, and now she wants Evan to be the father because Bradley already has a damn family. Think about it. Jasmine is a liar and cannot be trusted. I'm all for Aria. 

"Aria is beautiful, smart and self-made. She has her own money, but, yet, here she is, sticking with Evan through all the drama Jasmine is causing because Aria loves him. Evan, do the DNA test," Zack said again.

I stayed silent, listening to the two of them bickering back and forth.

"Well, if Aria is so righteous and perfect, then why isn't she out there making new songs?" EJ questioned.

"Well, why can't she take a break? She already has twenty hits! She's here to stand in Evan's corner, and he should be grateful that someone is doing that."

"Zack, stop talking as if my brother came from The Nobody Tree and hit every branch on the way down. He's Evan Hollen. Of course Aria is going to stick around because she has bigger fish to fry than Jasmine."

I raked my fingers through my hair and kept myself from yelling at them.

"Aria isn't a gold digger."

"Neither is Jasmine. She doesn't even want anything from Evan."

"Oh, she's just acting like that so everyone will think she's such a saint."

"Dude, shut the fuck up."

"You shut up, EJ."

"Both of you better shut up before I come across the table on you. The two of you are giving me a headache." I just couldn't take it anymore. I had enough of that at home with the two women and I didn't need this crap between my boys.