-Chapter 3-

Above^^^^ This is Butch! 😍 don't forget to vote and follow my lovelies!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tempest

Is it just me or is it hot in here?

I think to myself as I continue my work, trying to push back the thoughts about Butch. He will get me in trouble, one way or another. Besides, no matter how...handsome he is, I don't like being called short. I already know I'm vertically challenged, I don't need the reminder.

After I left the pet store, I came home with flaming red cheeks, courtesy of the giant. But, I had work to do before I went to bed tonight, and I thank god for magic. It made unloading the truck a hundred times easier, not to mention putting everything away.

Right now, I'm putting away the items in the duffel bag that I didn't unpack last night. The one that contains all my spell books, potions, potion recipes, spell ingredients, small cooking cauldrons, and my stacks of spiral bound notebooks filled with notes and tips, and experimental potions.

Normally, I would have these things locked in a wood chest, which I actually brought with me thanks to a shrinking spell. But, Serena had a secret about this place that she only showed me. A secret root cellar, one that could only be accessed with magic.

The entrance is a hidden trap door in the hallway between the bathroom and the bedroom. When opened, it leads down stairs to a small room filled with tables and book shelves, most filled with Serena's old books and  ingredients that she left me along with the cabin. It's better that they were left out of the will, too many questions would be asked.

So, after unloading and eating lunch, not to mention putting Zuzu back in his tank, I came down here to hide/store everything. This is the safest place keep these things after all, in reach but out of sight in case I have visitors.

Along with all the items I brought with me, I also brought dozens of candles. They serve many purposes, a light source as well as a relaxation method. The lavender scented ones are my favorites, as well as vanilla. I put them all over the house, at least three in every room, and the ones leftover remain in the cellar.

"Alright, now that everything is away, it's time for cleansing."

I take a bundle of sage and light it, going to work at spreading the smoke rising from it across the cellar first. I need to cleanse every room as well as each porch and even the green house before I perform any magic or make any potions. The last thing I need is negative energy ruining my magic, even if it's just a superstition.

I go through the entire house, making sure every corner, shadowy place, and room is filled with the smoke. The front porch and yard are next, as well as the back porch and yard, even the greenhouse too. I'm not taking any chances.

As I go, I put charmed items up wherever I can. Wind chimes and crystal decorations that reflect colored light out on the front and back porch, shells and amethyst geodes on the mantle and coffee table in the living room. A pair of decorative dragon figurines on the kitchen table, a bowl for my keys in the kitchen that would keep me from losing them, a small koi fish figurine in the bathroom, and a small butterfly statue in the greenhouse.

My bedroom already has the dream catcher, and the cellar has a rock salt crystal used for purifying the air. Serena always said a good witch has a charm in every room of their house, it brings good luck. So I let the sage burn out and put it back down in the cellar.