-Chapter 9-

I'm back, I'm back!!! Okay, enjoy the chapter!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tempest

Rule 45: never ignore bad feelings about anyone or anything, it isn't just nothing.

That's the advice Aunt Serena always gave me, and to this day it's been right. I've had this awful feeling for the past week or so that something has been off, a strange and fluctuating shift in the natural environment and energy that has thrown me off. The timid creatures have mostly disappeared, and the nights have been too quiet...no crickets or frogs making noise at all...

It's really unsettling.

That's why I've been so busy this past week, burning sage again, charming more items for luck, boosting my shield against dark magic, creating potions from my plants and other ingredients to ward off bad energy, meditating extensively,  and trying to restore some balance in the forest environment by creating a mixture of sugar water in boiling pots, to attract the creatures back where they belong.

I've been so busy and off in my behavior because of this shift in energy that even Butch has noticed.

It's been a month since that incredible date with him, and we've gone on plenty more just as amazing.

Art and Nature Museums, movies, bird sanctuaries, historic gardens, The fossil museum in Bath where you can dig for your own fossils and keep what you find, and just yesterday we went to a rock mine and sluiced for our own gemstones. We ended up finding quite a bit of crystal and amethyst, and even some pyrite, which isn't called fools gold for nothing.

I've ended up with a whole lot of souvenirs from our dates, some of which I used to make good luck charms. Pictures, shells, plants, gemstones, small fossils and shark teeth...all of which I love. But I worry that Butch is getting the short end of the stick, not taking home as much as I am, but I make sure to secretly charm whatever I convince him to take home, I just want to keep him safe after all...even if it's nothing to worry about...I hope.

He tries to assure me that he's got plenty of pictures, some of which he sent to me, and small little trinkets to be perfectly fine for years...and that his favorite souvenir from each date was me....

So cheesy...yet, so cute...but I still worry...

Now, with all my new plants in either the greenhouse or in pots on the front or back porch, my shells in a wooden bowl on the coffee table, the gems and pictures filling the mantle, and my fossils and shark teeth in a large display case in my room, I'm starting to feel a bit eccentric...and paranoid.

I go to put Zuzu back in his tank, he's been a bit off as well since the energy shift, I do not want him to be too tempted by what I'm doing today. Because now that April is finally here, it's time to put out my hummingbird feeders. The little birds are so beautiful, and they're great pollinators, so I made sugar water to put in their feeders to attract them...hoping that luring them here will take the edge off the drastic change.

Aunt Serena always said they were signs of positive events and new life...a good omen. Which is why I got one tattooed on my back below my left shoulder two years ago, a secret birthday present from Serena that mom and dad still don't know about.

I hang out two feeders in the backyard, two on the outside of the back porch, and another two on the metal hooks on the front steps. No doubt this will attract their attention, and bring the little beauties humming.