IV

Valentina, Damon, and with reluctance, Stefan all stood together.

Valentina was in the middle with Damon on her left, Stefan on her right. Damon stood slightly closer to her than Stefan ready to protect his twin at all costs.

Edward, Bella, and Renessmee all stood at the front as united front, with Covens and witnesses standing around them, behind them. 

Garrett, a nomad, was standing next to a Denali Sister, Kate.

"If we live through this, I'll follow you anywhere, woman."
Kate gave a light scoff.
"Now you tell me."

Carlisle and Esme linked hands sentimentally, as Emmett and Rosalie shared loving look.

Valentina was glancing all over the trees before locking on the dead center where the most fog was, Damon squeezed her hand once to reassure her before dropping it entirely.

The Volturi slowly moved forward, out of the fog. They all walked in one, synchronized line, and the closer they got, they fell out of line with each other. The three masters taking the point in triangle like shape with a guard on each side, flanking them, with two more directly behind them.

"The redcoats are coming, the redcoats are coming." Garrett muttered to himself, bouncing slightly in his toes, no doubt readying himself for even the most unsuspecting movements.

Aro was looking all across the witnesses the Cullen's had gathered seeing faces he recognized, some new ones too, but not the one he wanted to see.
"Aro's looking for Alice." Edward informed his friends and family, reading his mind.

The Wolves howl in the distance and within seconds they start to appear, and Caius' steps falter for a second when he sees the wolves. But he regains his stoic expression and continues his pace.

Carlisle casts a meaningful look to Esme, and claps Edward on the back, before stepping a few feet in front of everyone.

"Aro, let us discuss things as we used to. In a civilized manner."

Aro motions for his army to halt.
"Fair words, Carlisle. But a little out of place, given the battalion you've assembled against us."

"I can promise you, that was never my intent. No laws have been broken."

Caius felt the need to stick his ugly nose into business.
"We see the child. Do not treat us as fools."

"She is not an lmmortal! These witnesses can attest to that. Or you can look. See the flush of human blood in her cheeks.

"Artifice!"

"I will collect every facet of the truth. But from someone more central to the story. Edward, as the child clings to your newborn mate, I assume you are involved."

Edward looks at Bella then makes his way towards Aro, as Bella watches Edward walk towards Aro she uses her powers to shield Edward. As Edwards reaches Aro he extends his hand, Aro takes it and uses his power to read his thoughts. He suddenly had a very giddy expression on his pale face. His crimson eyes fixated only on Renessmee. 

"I'd like to meet her." He breathed out.

Edward turns and looks at Bella and Renesmee with a pained look.