VII

Demetri is getting very frustrated with this little game of hers.

He has chased her through California, Washington, Tennessee, and Texas. All in the matter of a three weeks.

He can just hear her satisfied giggles as she escapes him. It infuriates him to no end.

The Masters are up his ass trying to get him to speed it along.

It's not easy when your mate loves games just as much as you do. Although he's excited at the prospect of a challenge with the prize of whatever he wants, he's getting impatient.

All he wants is to be with his mate but no, his mate just happens to be the most stubborn woman in the history of women.

He was now on his way to New York as that is where she currently is. She's more than likely shopping as that seems like something she would do.

From what he gathered, she loves shopping and has a rather large collection of houses.

And the ones he's seen so far, as she seems to go to places she's familiar with, and two out of four places has had a house and she is a rather stylish being.

She sticks to neutrals or blacks and whites.

Her closets are by far impressive. She has a section for each season and the seasons are color coded. He has a feeling his mate has a bit of OCD. He was tempted to look at her undergarments but then he realized that would make him a bit of a obsessive stalker. Although he was when it came to her, he wasn't about to go stealing her underwear.

Although if he had to guess it's a lot of dark colors. That seems to be her thing. She'd fit right in at Volterra. She's sexy and wears dark colors.

He just can't wait to see her smile. She's never smiled when he's looking or if it's in the presence of her family.

He's seen her throw a smirk towards the Cullen's hybrid but that wasn't real. It might be fooled everybody else but not him.

He wanted to be the reason she smiled. At him. Something. Unless it's another male. Then he would have to kill them.

Jane hasn't had any luck either but then again the one with the tracker skills is currently looking for her mates sister who is as stubborn as a mule and as hard headed as a rock.

He weaved his way through New York City, dancing across the rooftops with grace that it rivals a ballroom dancer.

He stopped as he smelled blood from a few miles away. He inhaled deeply and he could feel his emotions drain say as the Hunger took over. This blood was intoxicating and had a familiar smell to it.

He ran towards the source and heard hissing when he got there. There was snarling and growling aggressively.

He glanced down in the pitch black alleyway but could still see everything perfectly.

There was a female and an animal with glowing yellow eyes. He couldn't see the female but the wolf was a grey color that shimmered in the moonlight.

He inhaled as he saw the blood on the ground and it was a mix of the delicious scent and a revolting smell.

He inhaled again and froze as he recognized the delicious smelling scent.

He now knew what that smell belonged too. Or should he say who.

Valentina. She was in trouble.

He watched as the wolf sent her flying through the air and he could smell her blood from the hit along with a sickening crack that scared him to the core.