LESSON 3

Lesson 3 : True friends laugh the loudest when you fall and hit the hardest if someone else laughs louder than them.

11 years later......

Bleep......Bleep..... Bleep This is the sound I wake up to. Sometimes it seems like this clock likes to torture me.

I whimper as I try to move out of the mattress but I have to or the crazy cow that is my best friend, will give me an ice bath to wake me.

Yes, this is Cali and welcome to my sorry life. I sometimes think it was better when I had no friends.

Ah, the constant bullying, the crazy queens after my head. I miss those days.

Now the only danger to my life are my best friends.

" So you are awake my minion." I turn my head to look at the person.

"Yes, my evilness hath thou some some work my poor self?" I ask her rolling my eyes. Honestly , if my eyes are stuck this way forever someday I am dumping my medical bills on her to get it fixed for me.

"You wench how dare you talk back to me or roll your eyes at me, now get up and make me breakfast." She says.

"How many, Terra?". I look at her as she fidgets. "How many? And don't say you haven't I can smell everything even from here". 

"Three" she tries to sound meek, but the very concept of meek is so foreign to her that I snort and roll my eyes some more. I have my two best friends living with me in the apartment I bought using the money I earned when I was 17 and wrote a heart wrenching book, that has sold over 10 million copies. I still write because I don't have to study.

I know everything and finish my assignment in college in between the classes.

Terra has been my friend since middle school. "Where is the other one" I ask.

"Here" A voice comes from behind Terra.

Both my friends are gorgeous. Terra has the typical blonde hair and aqua eyes. Sometimes they look like its green and sometimes blue. She is tall and so beautiful she could have been a model anytime but she just refuses all the modelling agencies that approach her. The reason I will come to that later sometime.

The other one I met in college when she came to us with a request for a room. Her name is Narnia. She has red hair. She is quite short at 5'2. She has blue eyes and both attract guys like flame attracts moths. The results are quite similar too. The guys that approach them receive burns so bad that they dare not return.

Then there's me. Average brown eyes. Average hair with different shades of brown(natural of course, I would never dare dye my hair. Or grammy would have my head). Average height i.e. 5'5.  Yes you guessed it right I am the nerd of the group.

After grumbling and grunting like an old lady( sorry grammy I don't mean you. Yes you are still a young girl of 20. Shit that was supposed to be me....)   I get out of bed do my business and get ready.

I head to the den of evil, our kitchen.
The devastating sight that greets me has me whimpering.

"Let's get going for now girls I don't think I can cook anything today we can get something from the nearby deli" I say knowing that they are nearby and can hear my every word.