The Boys Next Door

Chapter 2

Houston, TX

Shawn was in the kitchen eating cereal. He definitely missed breakfast because of a late night. Not a late night of partying but he worked for Fed-Ex loading and unloading boxes to make extra money while in school. He didn't need to work and neither did his siblings. His parents were the top sergeant and OB/GYN in the state.

He was eating when his brother came down the steps.

"Why you up so late?" Shawn asked his brother as he grabbed the cereal box.

"Because I don't have to get up early." He said as he sat down. "Where you been?"

"I got in late from work." Shawn said as he finished his cereal.

"You wanna play ball with Nell and Brian?" He asked.

"Where they at?" Shawn asked.

"Out front." He said.

"Alright, let me change." Shawn said as he put his bowl in the sink.

He went up the stairs to his room to change into his basketball shorts and shoes. He went back downstairs and out the front door. When he went outside he saw Cornell, Brian and Christian waiting.

"Come on nigga." Brian said trying to grab the ball.

" Brian said trying to grab the ball

"Oh shut up." Shawn said as they passed him the ball. "I got Chris."

"Fine." They said and started to play.

They were playing for a while. Shawn and Chris won one game and Brian and Cornell won the other one so whoever won the next game won the whole thing.

"I got this." Brian said.

"Stop talking and just play." Chris said.

"Calm down, baby bro." Brian said laughing and made the shot.

Brian and Cornell won. They dapped each other up as Chris and Shawn sat in the grass.

"Where mama and daddy go?" Shawn asked.