seventeen ➶ mayors and players

A/N: first) we got #60 in Humor! What the what! Second) we got 2,100 readers! Yayyayayya! Thank you so much!

Chapter seventeen: mayors and players
//un-edited//

"Why in the hell did you call us here?" Allison grumbled as she hung her head off the side of the couch she was sitting on.

I nodded in agreement. "Yea, why are we here?" I continued.

Summer threw up her hands and rolled her eyes at us. "We are in a major crisis! May's crush, Adam—"

"Whoo, whoo, whoo—crush? Since when, pft." I babbled off, rambling.

Eva rolled her eyes. "Yea right, what happened?"

"He started to date the mayors daughter! That's what happened!" Summer exasperated loudly, throwing her hands around like she was trying to swat a bee.

I was shocked, the mayors daughter out of everyone in our town? That's who he is dating now?

"Who is she again?" Emma asked as she twirled a price of popcorn before tossing it into her mouth.

"As if, she's only the most popular person in town! Tall, brown hair, hazel eyes? Does any of this ring a bell?" Summer huffed, clearly annoyed we weren't up to date with the social cues.

"Oh right." Emma mumbled.

"I still don't get why we are here?" Allison piped in.

"Because Adam and May kissed yesterday and now he's dating someone else!?" Summer screamed, still trying to get the point across.

"Wait, how did you know we kissed?" I asked, slightly curious how Summer got that information.

"You kissed!" Emma screamed excitedly, the whole room going up into a bunch of chattering and annoying jabs at my ego.

"What a player." Allison mumbled amongst the chaos.

"Everyone shut up!" Allison yelled, rolling over so she later on her stomach, everyone instantly went quite and she continued. "May, you tell us what happened, Summer you tell us what happened afterwards and Emma you shut up."

Emma clamped her mouth shut and so did Summer so I took that as a sign to tell my story. "We kissed yesterday, no big deal."

Allison pointed at Summer in a moderator kind of way and Summer stated her claim. "He was spotted at the Mayors ball last night smooching it up with the mayors daughter—they are dating."

This felt like I was in court, where should I take the oath?

"May, I have four tubs of ice cream locked and loaded." Emma said.

I shook my head. "I've gotten over it, it was in the heat of the moment—it probably didn't mean anything."

They all stared at me with sad eyes, even Allison and I pursed my lips in frustration. "You guys, seriously I'm okay."

I don't know how I felt about it, I didn't want to be one of those clingy girls that would yell at a guy they weren't even dating about kissing another girl, I wasn't about to do that.

They wouldn't budge but Emma got up and said. "Well, I still bought ice cream, let's not let it go to waste."

Summer laughed and she went upstairs to go retrieve the tubs of ice cream with Emma as Allison and I turned on the tv and surfed the channels.

We where in Emma's basement since we had gone to mine last time and apparently Allison lived in a apartment while Summers parents where doing the nasty deed at her house.