The Beginning

It only took me a few seconds for me to understand what was happening. First Harry was dead, second, Ron threw himself in front of the killing curse for me, and finally I was completely and utterly alone. Curses were flying in every direction, bloody bodies laying silently across the floor. The glossed over eyes of my old professors. A loud cackle pierced the air, I looked up from my kneeling spot on the floor and there he was. The man I spent my entire life trying to defeat and finally he caught me.

"Hermione.." his raspy voice spoke. I glared up at him refusing to speak. My wand held tightly in my left hand as I pushed myself up off the floor. I cast my eyes to the body I was kneeling by, Harry.. He was my best friend, he didn't deserve this because of me! Anger swelled inside me as I looked back at the snake like creature in front of me.

"Hello Tom. Miss me?" I asked tauntingly. He scowled at me.

"Sarcasm, my dear is unbecoming of you." He hissed. I laughed cruelly, thinking about all he had done.

"Wow Tom. I think we both know we aren't trying to make conversation. Tell me what do you really want?" I asked angrily. He sighed and rubbed his temple. He waved his wand over himself. His grey, scaly skin faded away, uncovering his original light tan skin color. His face returned to that of his 17 year old self. He ran his hand through his slick, black hair as he chewed on his bottom lip.

"You know exactly why this happened, or will know at least" he closed his eyes. "Time is a very complicated thing.." I was confused. 

"What are you talking about Riddle?" I asked. He smirked at me spinning his wand between his fingers.

"Hermione, I'm going to be sending you back to the time I was in my final year at Hogwarts. I have the records and things you will need all in this bag" he held up a dusty, torn brown bag and threw it at me. I picked it up and stared confusedly at him.

"As soon as you get to Hogwarts give Dumbledore the records and the letter I put in the bag for you. Now my dear, are you ready?" He asked. I put the dusty bag over my shoulder and nodded. If this happened before then I can't mess up the time line. Maybe i can change him when I get there!

"I'm ready Tommy" he snarled at me when I said 'Tommy' and pointed his wand at me. I closed my eyes waiting for the impact of the spell.

"Irmpedium" he yelled. The last thing I heard before I was enveloped in a white light was

"Goodbye my love"