28

"Are you sure it was her?" I said pointing to the painting. I couldn't believe my eyes. The woman who never stepped out of the house after the paranormal hauntings in our house, that woman's face is painted here?

"Yes. It's her." The girl replied and slowly walked away. I was sitting on the bench alone. When suddenly she popped in front of me.
"And yeah..." She said.

"This woman told me to tell you this. You don't have enough days." I was shocked.

"When?" I asked, completely shocked.
"Right now." She said and smiled a little mischievously, and went away.
Alicia came and sat beside me.

"I can't help it, okay? Don't look at me like that. Vega is a hell lot of stronger than me. I told you she's a queen. Queen of the Demons." I did give Alicia a death glare, as if she was behind this strange girl.

"You know, I have started to feel a lot of pain nowadays, mental pain. As if someone is forcing me to take in this immense pain." I said.

"I know. You are, somehow, related to those trapped souls. You know now, how they feel, how they live. It's their pain, Abby." She replied.

"What can I do for them? I mean, first of all, I do not understand that by such a small game, that Ouija board, how can The friggin Queen come to reality and haunt us? I can't believe this. And now, you are telling me that I am related to the trapped souls? Headache." I said leaning behind into the bench.

"Hey, Abby!" I heard someone call me.
I tuned around to see Becky. One if my friends in school.
"Hey, Bec. What brought you here?" I greeted her.

"Oh, I came here for some project work with Jane. By the way, you were you talking to? I see no one." She asked looked around.
"Oh, that's nothing. I'm just having an headache." I replied, shrugging ny shoulders.

"Oh, poor Abby. Take care, okay? I'll not bug you anymore. Bye." She said, and I wanted her with a smile plastering my face.
"Well handled." Alicia, again.

"I had to. I'm used to it now." I replied.

I really need a bathtub, hot water, bath gel, bubbles, a TV to watch F.R.I.E.N.D.S. , a tub of ice cream full with Belgium chocolate, and a cute little yellow rubber duck.
That's my frustration level.

"I'm going home now." I said, and got up, massaging my head.
"Okay. Be careful." Wait, was Alicia caring for me? That's new.
⚫⚫⚫

"Mom?" I called out. I didn't see her since morning.
"Mom? Where are you?" I asked again. This time a bit louder.
The house was pin drop silent. It was eerie.
I searched her everywhere. She was no where to be found. I called on her cell too, but no response.
I stood by the window. The park I was in was visible from here.

My glance fell on the bench I was sitting. There was an elderly woman and a child. The woman's face was a little blur, but I could see the child's face. She was the same girl who talked with me.

The woman got up and turned around. Mom? What are you doing over there?

I couldn't believe it. Mom was out of the house? This means, the girl was saying the truth.
I was dumbfounded. I had no clue, of how should I behave.
I called Andrew.

"Um, Andrew?"
"Abby? What happened?" He asked.
"Can you, like, come over?"

There was a moment where he paused.

"Sure." He said. I sighed.
⚫⚫⚫

"Okay, now care to tell me that why did you call me all the way here? I mean, did that ghost, Alicia, come back on you?" Andrew asked.

"No, this time, it's not Alicia. It's mom. You know right, that Mom always feared to step out of the house?" I left a sigh.

He nodded and waited for me to continue.
"Today I saw her in the park. With some kid." I saw his eyebrows go up.

"So, I walked up to that kid and she told me that Mom always goes outside and sits in the park with that kid. Now, you tell me, how in the world is this possible?" I completed.

"I can't believe that, either." He said sitting on the couch. I sat beside him.
"Also, when I asked her to confirm whether it was her, and she handed me a painting of my mom!" I told him.

"Oh." That's all he said. There was a moment of pause between us. I could here the air conditioner, and the warmth of the fire logs burning. It was so quiet. Mom was off to sleep.

"So...now. You got any idea?" He asked me.
"Nope. You?" I asked him.
"Maybe. Not sure if it could really work." He said getting up and walking to the fireplace.

"Speak." I, kind of, said in a tone as if I was ordering him. Although, I wasn't.

"Let's take your mom to a sacred place. A church, for an instance. And if, she feels uneasy or uncomfortable, then it becomes clear that, the spirits of your house have tried to make contact with her soul. Or..." He stopped in between. Maybe for my reply.

"Or?"

"Or, you guys could shift."

"Shift, as in? Where will we shift? It isn't easy to shift. And Father said, these spirits follow you wherever you go, right?" I was kind of too curious.

"Yes. Positive. But, if we get this house blessed while you are away, the spirits will get weak when you return. So, the matter can rest in for a moment. Till then, we can get another plan ready." He said.

Why didn't I think of this plan before? This plan is sounds perfect.

"Sounds cool." I said, nodding my head. I looked at Mom's room tilting my head. I went through a lot of mixed emotions. I didn't know if I was happy or sad or confused?

Life was just not opening my chapter.

Vote.
Comment.
Follow?
Thanks;)

~Sanchali.