31

"So, you said you wanted to tell me something. Here I am. What is it?" Andrew asked me.
Mom's face flashed in front of me.

"Don't you think I should know how my parents died?"
Her words ringed in my head.

"Actually, when you were in the bathroom, today, I asked Mom if she wanted to tell me something, or eat something. You remember, that wierd dream that came when I passed out?"

"I do. That girl, with the knife. Satan." He answered me.

"Yes. That girl. Mom says, actually confirms, that the dream was somehow, her past. I mean, she said, that the two people, that man and the lady, were her parents. She said, that she wanted to show me how her parents died." I completed.

"Oh okay. So, then you said that the girl killed herself right? How is your mom still alive then if she killed herself in her childhood? You mind if I ask this?" His face was like, please say no.

I smiled, "No, I don't. I believe that it was something else that spoke through my mom." I told him my theory.

"Like, Alicia and who's that...Vega?" He asked me. I nodded
"Yes. But this time, it's not a someone, it's a something."

Andrew looked at me with bundles of confusion.

"Alicia told me." I said.
"Oh. So now you believe her? What is she? A team member of 'save Abby's mom'?" Actually, he's right.

But somehow, my instinct says that we should believe her.

"Look, all I know, is Mom is suffering a lot. Her body is being made a medium, for all those trapped souls who want to be free. I know, I sound like a freak, but you have to believe me. You've seen it. You know it. And right now, in my mom, there isn't any trapped soul." The words stumbled to come out.

He didn't reply anything. We stayed quiet.

"I want to meet Cookie." I said.

"Who's that?"

"My dog. We kept him in an animal shelter. It's been 12 weeks now." I told him. He nodded.

We reached the shelter. There was a wooden board which read, "Rose Animal Shelter."

We walked till the reception table, I greeted the lady there.
"Hey. I wanted to meet my dog, Cookie?" I enquired.

"Hold on, I'll check." She said and I nodded.
"Okay, Ms. D'costa. She is in the 4th shelter. On the left." She gave me directions and I thanked her.

I reached the 4th shelter. Cookie was sitting on the floor, eating pedigree.
"Cookie!" I yelled cheerfully.
He waged his tail, and came running towards me. I almost fell on the ground.

"Oh my, look at you, you've grown up so much! Did you miss mommy?" I said caressing his back and forehead. He licked my hand.

"He's cute." Andrew said.
"Thanks." I smiled.

"So when are you taking him home?" He asked.

When am I taking him home?

"After all this ends." I said, my tone was sad.

"Better." He said.

I played with Cookie for the rest of the day.
He liked Andrew.
▪️▪️▪️

Mom was fast asleep in her bed. It was 12 am for us to come home.
"Let's not disturb her." I decided and adjusted myself on the couch.

"I think, I will go now." Andrew said.

"Um, okay. Thanks for the day." I smiled.

"Sure." He said and left.

I needed some real sleep. I pulled the sheets over my head and closed my eyelids.

Still I got no sleep. I tried to think about good dreams, but none came. I poured myself a glass of water.
After that, somewhat, my eyelids felt heavy. I kissed mom on her forehead and placed the blankets correctly over her.

Soon, I was on the couch reading my favorite novel.
'Divergent.'

Veronica Roth, is a marvellous author.

After reading a few pages, I decided to give in, and sleep.

I was so glad no weird ish, dream came to me that night.
▪️▪️▪️

I don't know, why they can't put strawberries in normal cereals? I mean, how can you say no to strawberries?

I poured myself the boring cereals and some milk for breakfast. Mom was still in the room. She never sleeps till late. It's 9.30 am already.

I decided to call Rose.
"Hello?" Her voice sounded hoarse. Maybe she had a bad throat, or a sore throat.

"Hello, is this Rose?" I asked, although I knew it was her.

"No. It's sunflower." We both laughed.

"Girl, I've missed you so much!" Her accent was changed. What did Europe do to her!

"Me too, Rose. Oh, I mean, Sunflower." I laughed making her giggle.

"So, how's everything there? Is it settled?" Woah she does remember.

"Um, yeah, kind of. Not fully." I stammered.
Why the hell am I stammering in front of my best friend?

"You sound...not sure. Tell me. What is it?" She knew me so well.

I narrated her everything. From the start.
"Gosh."
"I wish I was there." She said.

Me too!

"Me too, Rose. By the way, when are you coming back? It's been forever since I've seen your face."

"Soon. Maybe next month? It's not sure really. I'll make it as fast as possible."

"Thanks. Okay, I think I have to go. Come soon."

"Yep. Miss you."

"Miss you too, bye."

I really meant the last line.
I missed her. I missed our fun, fights, sleepovers, everything.
I missed Rosa Waters.

"All good?" I heard someone behind me. It was Andrew.
He placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah. Just talked to Rosa." I told him. He nodded.

"Let's go." He said.
"Go where?"

"Prestige Library." He said.

"That old library down the street?"

"Yes. Come on." He said. I nodded.

His face was so curious, almost like, come on, I have to show you something really important.

Vote. Comment. Follow;)
~Sanchali.
(P.s. help me point out the mistakes please.)

)