Chapter 16: The Call

GA JR's POV

I cried as I clicked the call button, I wanted to hear his voice, even if my voice cracked on me

"Hyung? You called me?" Hoseok answered.

"Hoseok?" my voice shook.

"..."

"All I want to t-tell you is... b-be ha-happy," my voice cracked and I silently cried as he then talked to me.

"JR... I'm so sorry. I... I... I thought you were dead, you didn't appear as soon as you said you would when you returned from your mission. I got so worried, I was so devastated when I couldn't find you nor reach you, it broke me apart- I-I... please forgive me..." he told me.

I sniffled, "That okay... Just... be happy, okay? I'm letting you go, be happy with Ji-Jisoo. I bet she's a wonderful person, treat her right."

With that, I hung the call and started to cry once more. I couldn't talk anymore, I couldn't bear to hear him, if he saw me right now, he'd think I'm worthless. Hearing his voice sent shivers down my spine, like a refreshing feeling, reviving those feelings from before, but... with more pain in them.

I hated myself, why did I call him? Why the hell does my heart like to suffer? Why did I call someone who clearly moved on from me and let go of me? Why won't my heart listen to my stupid brain for once?!

I sobbed and put the phone in Do Not Disturb Mode and kept listening to sad songs as I laid on my head, wetting my pillow with my tears once more. Why does love hurt so much? Why didn't I see the pain coming? Why does this hurt more than anything else I went through?

I started to recall my mission before I went to Hoseok. Bomb where dropping and everything was a hot mess. My leg had a metal through it, but I manage to limp to save another soldier.

"Stay with me! Don't close your eyes! We're almost there! Talk to me kiddo!" I yelled at him over the sound of bombs as I put his arm around my shoulders and started to limp with him, half-carrying him.

"Over there!" an enemy yelled from afar and started to shoot at us. I used my body to protect the 20-year-old kid, he still had a future and a family waiting for him, me? I have no one but Hoseok. He was the only one in my mind keeping me alive. I pushed the young man forward as I felt a bullet in my right side.

"CRAWL!" I commanded towards him as he started to do as I told him.

He got away and I pulled myself together to fight back. I took cover from behind a tree and gathered my courage to take out the metallic pole that flew when a bomb fired and I happened to be running when that metallic pole blew away. I bit my lower lip as I barely touched the metal and I winced in pain. I gasped loudly as I took a hold of the pole with both hands.

This is going to hurt like hell... I thought as I then with a fast movement pulled hard and took the pole out of my left thigh. I bit down on my lip and it started to bleed.

"Fuck..." I muttered as I then tasted my own blood in my mouth. I looked to see that they were waiting for me to come out and shoot me.

Hoseok... I'm so sorry if I can't make it on time... I silently prayed that I got out of this one just to see Hoseok once more. I didn't want to break the promise I made to him, he was precious to me.

I crawled and I heard guns starting to fire and I quickly got up to my feet and started to make a run for it. Fortunately for me, I managed to escape them, I was almost to the safety zone until one soldier from the enemy side tripped me and was about to shoot me until the young man I saved earlier came to my aid, he tried to take the gun out of the enemy's hands but... he got shot in the heart.

No... no... not him... I thought as anger filled my soul and with quick movements, I snapped his neck and went to carry over my shoulder the young man who was having a hard time to breathe well.

"Don't you dare to die on me, you got it?! Keep yourself awake kiddo, you're going home well and alive!" I told him as tears started to form in my eyes, he was so young, he doesn't deserve to die like this. He could have a family waiting for him and they would be devastated if they knew their son had died with honor protecting one shipmate.

I manage to put him down in a bed where other soldiers were being treated and he held my hand with such force that made me look at his eyes.

"Tell my family... that... I... Love... them..." those were his last words as the grip on my hand went weak.

I started to become a crying mess as I closed his eyes and my chest started to hurt.

I'm so sorry... You died because of me... Please forgive me... Thank you for defending me... I cried as I silently prayed that his soul can rest in peace.

The way back home, I was having nightmares and I had behavior problems, I would snap easily by just one simple and little question. I was mostly angry at myself, I hated myself. Everyone thought it was because I was hurting because of my leg and my ribs, but I didn't care about that. I cared for the family whose hearts will be broken at the News that their son won't ever go back home.

Days passed and they didn't let me see Hoseok, I even fought with some of them. I demanded that they took me back to the base where Hoseok was, I wanted to see him, I needed him to hug me and comfort me. I needed him, he was my cure.

But instead of taking me to him, they sent me to this place, thinking that it would have been better, but it turned out to make it worse. At first, I was uncontrollable, I used to beat people up and take my anger out on them, I almost killed some of them for trying to make tests on me. I was a wild animal, I never had the chance to go back to Hoseok. They probably reported me as M.I.A. aka "Missing In Action".

I have been stuck here ever since, and due to all the physical abuse... I bled and my fetus died inside me. They tried to tell me that it was weak anyway, that it wouldn't have survived for long due to my emotional state and my recklessness. That's when my anger took the best of me and I attacked anyone in my sight. But that same day when I ran to find a place to hide, I got in the same room they were abusing Jimin.

Jimin was unconscious, but his doctors looked at me with fear, they must have heard of me, the wild devil who attacks anyone on her way. I was known as the 'Devil' before, my eyes just showed how much hatred and crazy ideas I had to escape them, but they always knocked me down before I was even able to get out.

That was my life for a year until I decided to calm down and help Jimin. He was in greater pain than I was, and that was the same year all the people who I hurt let out their anger on me. I was left with broken ribs, twisted ankles, my body full of bruises and I was beaten unconscious. My wrists were bleeding, my body was aching and it was sore from all the beating that I suffered for a whole year, but this year, the pain was more bearable, and now Yoongi is my new doctor, he won't hurt me.

Well, not like those people did anyway. I just hope that he keeps his word and get us out of here before it's too late.