chapter 3 dream

"..ra..mat..su"
"..ara...m..tsu"
"Karamatsu!" Osomatsu yelled, shaking his brother awake.

"E-eh? Oso...matsu?" Karamatsu sleepily replied as he rubbed his eyes.

As his eyes adjusted to the darkness of the room, he realized that he was in the living room.

"So are ya gonna tell me why you decided to sleep on the living room floor?" Osomatsu asked, looking down at his sleepy younger brother.

"Wh- what?" the second born asked, clearly confused."what do you mean? I left, I don't remember coming back here" he said trying to sit up.

"You left?" Osomatsu asked, slightly tilting his head.

"Y-yeah... And.. You were with me..but it was a different you or something like that...it was really confusing"

Osomatsu stared at the second born before replying. "It was probably just some crazy dream or something" Osomatsu said casually.

"B-but.." Karamatsu trailed off as he turned to look at the mirror. It was dark but he could still see his reflection.

"Karamatsu... its three in the morning how and when did you get down here?" Osomatsu asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

"I....don't know.." Karamatsu responded sleepily. He could barely keep his eyes open.

"Geez ya look like you haven't slept at all" Osomatsu stated, scratching his head

"..I'm..fine.." karamatsu mumbled, rubbing his eyes. Osomatsu sighed. "Come on bro" he said as he helped Karamatsu up and attempted to carry him back to bed.

"Osomatsuu I said I'm fine.. I don't need you to carry me, I can walk fine on my own" Karamatsu said with a slight look of annoyance on his face.

"Fine fine" Osomatsu said with a small grin on his face as he dropped his brother. "If you're not too tired then go ahead walk on your own" Osomatsu said as he grinned at his tired brother.

Karamatsu didn't reply. He stared at Osomatsu for a couple of seconds and then focused his attention to the stairs that he would have to climb.

His Legs felt like jelly. He honestly didn't feel like getting up or moving anywhere.

"..... Goodnight osomatsu" Karamatsu said quickly as lied down on the carpet floor at the bottom of the stairs, curling into a ball like a cat.

"Wh- I thought you said you would walk by yourself." Osomatsu said staring down at the second born.

"Noooo I said that I could. I didn't say that I was going to" Karamatsu replied. "Goodnight Osomatsu" he repeated before shutting his eyes.

"Karamatsu You're not sleeping on the living room floor, now get up" Osomatsu said while crossing his arms.

"Leave me alone to die.." Karamatsu said not moving from his spot or even bothering to open his eyes.

"Karamatsu Matsuno get up right now or I'm gonna have to haul you upstairs!" Osomatsu said in a somewhat parent like tone.

Karamatsu just rolled over, not facing Osomatsu. "Sorry aniki I'm asleep, so I can't hear you"
Karamatsu said, refusing to give in.

"Alright Kara you've left me no choice" Osomatsu said as he quickly grabbed Karamatsu and scooped him up into his arms.

"H-hey I told you I didn't want to be carried!" Karamatsu complained

"Well i did warn you" Osomatsu said, grinning

"Come on aniki I'm not a kid. I don't need you to do this"

Ignoring Karamatsu's protests, Osomatsu carried his second born brother to the bedroom where their brothers were still sleeping peacefully.

Osomatsu dropped the second born on the futon and quickly joined him under the warm blankets.

"See? Isn't this better than the living room carpet? Osomatsu said, grinning"

There was no answer

Karamatsu had already practically buried himself in the blanket.

Osomatsu sighed and smiled "g'night Karamatsu" he said before falling asleep

Karamatsu however was still awake. He was so confused about what had happened earlier... With that other Osomatsu in his dream

"But if the whole thing was a dream.....then how do I still have these bandaids on my knee from when I got cut?"