chapter 8 truth

Karamatsu slowly crept out of bed, trying his best not to wake his brothers up. It was 6 in the morning, almost 7.

He quickly and quietly made his way over to the mirror in the corner of the room, slowly picking it up and gradually walking over towards the bedroom door.

He thought that maybe he should change out of his pajamas first but shook his head. There was no need; his brothers could wake up at any moment and he didn't want to risk one of them seeing him.

He slowly opened the bedroom door, trying his best to go unnoticed. The door made a shrill creaking sound that made Karamatsu a little nervous.

Choromatsu started to shift underneath his blanket, which caused Karamatsu to freeze in place. Choromatsu was a light sleeper so it would be easy to accidentally wake him up.

Once Karamatsu was sure that he was still asleep he quickly and quietly made his way down the stairs and put the mirror against the wall.

"Osomatsu" he whispered, the heart locket gleaming in the sunlight.

Karamatsu put his hand on the glass of the mirror and, almost on cue the mirror started glowing a faint blue color as Karamatsu's hand went through the glass. Karamatsu glanced behind him before turning towards the mirror again and crawling inside.

Nobody needs to know about this...nobody needs to know

_______________________________

Choromatsu groaned, shifting and changing his position again. He was just barely awake and his vision was a little blurred.

What caught his attention was the blurred image of a figure standing in front of the bedroom door. Was it one of his brothers?
He's wearing our pajamas so it has to be, but which brother?

Choromatsu was the most observant amongst all of them, so observant that even though his vision was blurred he could tell who was standing in the doorway just based on their body figure.

Was that...Karamatsu? Choromatsu was about to ask him what he was doing but he quickly drifted back into sleep, too tired to say anything to the second born.

A few minutes passed before the third born woke up again, this time sitting up and rubbing his eyes. He looked around, half expecting Karamatsu to be in his spot on the futon but he was nowhere to be found.

"That's weird I thought he was just getting up for water or something." Choromatsu thought to himself

"Maybe he's still downstairs" Choromatsu mumbled as he sleepily stood up, making his way towards the bedroom door.

"Oi Karamatsu" Choromatsu called out, expecting a reply but there was only silence.

Choromatsu was confused. Surely he wouldn't leave the house this early would he?

Choromatsu scanned the room until his eyes landed on the mirror in the corner. "Wasn't that upstairs in the bedroom earlier? Did Karamatsu niisan move it? Where the hell is he?!"

"What's goin on Choro?..." Osomatsu asked, rubbing his eyes as he made his way down the steps.

"I... I can't find Karamatsu niisan. I just saw him a few minutes ago" Choromatsu said as he proceeded to search the house for any trace of his brother.

"Oh Geez... He did it again" Osomatsu said, exhaling a deep breath.

"What are you talking about? He did what again?" Choromatsu asked, confusion in his tone.

"Well...from what Ichimatsu told me, He's been leaving and going to some unknown place with some unknown person that he's gotten really attached to apparently" Osomatsu said, shoving his hands in his pockets and staring at the floor.