1

"Hey guys, it's David and Liza." At this point, Liza took over talking while David watched her with his wishful eyes. It had been six months since Liza had decided to end their relationship and the day still played over and over in his head.

"David, mind coming upstairs with me?" Liza asked and David got excited. He thought Liza wanted some alone time which they hadn't had in a while and the party was bumping downstairs so no one would hear. Liza shut the door behind him and David started taking off his jacket. Liza stopped him.

"That's not what I brought you in here for. We need to talk." Liza sat down on the bed, her hands shaking in her lap. David sat beside her and grabbed her hands, hoping to calm her but she pulled away from his touch.

"This distance between us is getting too hard, David. It doesn't even feel like we're in each other's lives anymore, much less dating." David's face dropped and tears started to well up in Liza's eyes. She knew she was about to break his heart. He had been her best friend for such a long time and she was about to crush him.

"Yeah, but we can work on that. Let's go on a trip, no vlogs, just you and me." He was trying everything he could so they stayed together. He could tell where this was going, and there was nothing he wanted less.

"David, I think we should take a break. From us. Get our personal lives back in shape and then when we're ready, we can see if this still works." There it was. She broke him. David stood up from the bed and he headed towards to the door.

"We can still be best friends." Liza threw in a last remark, and what she didn't realize was that was an even bigger knife in David's heart.

"Yeah, let's be best friends. The most amazing girl in the world and the guy, her best friend who is still desperately in love with her but is only her friend." With that, David walked out, keeping his emotions hidden from the guests as he headed out, leaving Liza crying in the upstairs bedroom.

Liza joked around like she always did and David played along. He didn't want to be mean to her. She had asked him if they could do this video so the world would stop pestering them about it.

"David and I are no longer together." This is when David started hearing what Liza was saying. He was thinking about how he couldn't kiss her, hold her as they were falling asleep or call her his.

"Yeah, Liza broke up with me six months ago."