8

"When did we buy this?" Your dad asked while pointing at the milk that you just put on the dining table.

"The neighbours gave it to us."

"Pour some for me." He ordered, putting his cup near the milk.

You quickly picked it up and poured some in his coffee while he began to stir. He liked the combination of coffee and milk, it's perfect.

All of you were about to eat when someone rang the doorbell several times rapidly.

"I'll go and check the door." You shoved the chair to the back and ran towards the door. The faster you deal with that person, the earlier you could eat.

You swung the door opened to see the impatient person only to find out that he was Jimin. He gasped as soon as he saw you and straightened his back to look taller.

"Jimin-ssi? May I help you?"

"The milk that I gave you just now—"

"Oh, the neighbour." Daniel suddenly showed up beside you, pushing you to the side.

"Come in, have breakfast with us first." He slung his arm around his shoulders as he dragged him in.

"Y—You haven't tried the milk right?" Jimin asked, his voice trembled.

"Not yet, but I think our dad is drinking his coffee milk, right now." Daniel stated, making Jimin dropped his jaw.

Without thinking any longer, Jimin escaped from his arms and rushed to the kitchen leaving both you and Daniel behind in confusion.

Once he arrived there, Jimin immediately gasped when he saw the old man whose hand was reaching for a cup right in front of him.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Jimin instantly yelled when your dad was about to take a sip. He ran towards him, intending to take the the cup away from him before it was too late.

Unfortunately, he tripped over his own feet and fell, hitting his forehead with a loud thud on the cold floor. The scene made the whole house panicked.

~~~

"I'm very sorry. I'm such a burden." Jimin sighed while treating the bruise on his forehead with a cloth soaked in cold water.

"It's fine. You even rushed to our house to tell us about the milk, thank you." Your dad said calmly. But for sure, his reaction would be the opposite if the milk was from you or Daniel.

"It's my fault for not checking the item first." You bit your lower lip. Your dad seemed to agree with that but he just didn't want to raise his voice in front of a guest. He decided to let you slip this time.

"Seren, get another cloth and help him out." The old man ordered and before Jimin could refuse, you had already vanished to get another cloth.

Not too long after that, you arrived with a piece of cloth in your hand. Sitting next to you was already making his heart beated faster than usual but having you to treat his wound made him crazy inside. He really wanted to thank the old man.

Slowly, you soaked the cloth into the basin of cold water to make the cloth cold enough. When he sensed you coming closer to him, he quickly shut his eyes to control himself from blushing hard.

However, before the cloth could touch his skin, Daniel suddenly asked you to stop.

"Isn't that my sock?" He raised an eyebrow seeing that familiar thing in your hand.

You immediately backed off and checked on the cloth properly. Yes, it was clearly a piece of sock once you unfolded it. The strange smell was a mystery to you until you found out about it.

"Sorry.."

"I think he's doing fine with that one in his hand. Now, let's just eat first." Your mom awkwardly laughed as she grabbed the spoon.

After having breakfast together, you helped your mom to clean up while Daniel had to go to somewhere with your dad to buy something. Sometimes, you felt like the two of them purposely left just to avoid washing the dishes.

Your mom was putting the pots that had been washed into the cabinet while you went back to the table to get the plates, bowls, etc.

Jimin was in his own world until you showed up from behind which made him flinched in surprise.

"What to do, you're so cute." You chuckled while picking the plate one by one.

Hearing that from you made him smiled in embarrassment. There were 2 bowls left on the table but then your hands were already full.

"Let me help you." Jimin suddenly stood up and picked the other two left with his right hand while his other hand was still busy treating the bruise on his forehead.

"Thanks." You said as you walked towards the sink while Jimin followed you from behind like a cute puppy following its owner.

He put them into the sink and silently watched you as he leaned his back against the large fridge. Every little thing that you did made him somehow warm.

"Seren-ssi, do you always help your mom out in the kitchen?"

"Yeah, why?"

"I swear, you will be a good wife in the future."

"You want to marry her?" Your mom who was crouching near the cabinets for the whole time to arrange some stuffs inside suddenly popped out. She heard everything.

"He is speechless, mom. He obviously doesn't." You laughed.

Jimin wanted to say something regarding to what you just said, but he just didn't have any courage to do so.

"I didn't say I don't.." He muttered under his breath but none of you heard that.

"I think you should rest in the couch first before going back to your house." You said while leading him to the living room.

"Anything else that you need?" You asked, hoping that you could help more.

"You."

The moment he said that, you froze.

"I mean, no. Nothing. Thanks."

He smiled. You laughed, thinking that he was joking before leaving him to finish some works in the kitchen.

"But it's true... I need you."