02. Life Goes On

"Chaeyoung?"

Chaeyoung turns her head to see the man behind her, "Yes, oppa?"

"Let's go to the hospital. We need to check the baby, right?" the man smiles warmly at her.

Chaeyoung smiles slightly, caressing her tummy gently as the man is also smiling with her.

"Don't you think he'll be a greatest boy when he's born, oppa?" Chaeyoung whispers softly, a tear almost escapes her eyes.

The man nods his head, "He will, Chae. Just like you, right?"

Chaeyoung laughs slightly at him, before the man grabs her shoulders gently and says with his soft voice, "And now, let's go. Doctor Kim is waiting."

The two of them walk out from Chaeyoung's new apartment.

She glances at the man as she whispers softly, "Thank you, Seokjin oppa."

The man ㅡ Seokjin is caressing her hair in a gentle manner, "It's okay, you're just like my little sister. I will take care of you."

"Jisoo eunnie is so lucky to have you as her boyfriend." Chaeyoung says with a happy smile plastered on her face.

"Haha, not really. I am the lucky one to have Jisoo as my girlfriend." Seokjin smiles shyly and it makes Chaeyoung laughs to see him like that.

The two of them get into the car and then Seokjin drives the car to the hospital right away.

"So, oppa ...."

"Hm?"

"When will you marry Jisoo eunnie?" Chaeyoung asks him, anticipating the answer as the man is feeling kinda awkward with the question.

"Soon... Maybe... I don't know." Seokjin answers her.

"You don't know? I think you're on the right age to get married. You two love each other so much and I want to see both of you together." Chaeyoung says with a serious tone.

"Chaeyoung, I love Jisoo so much. But the two of us just build our own career. I want to get success first for her, and then marry her when I've a stable economy condition. I just want her to be always happy when she's with me." Seokjin replies.

Chaeyoung looks away through the window with a sad expression, "That's sweet. If I have someone like you, I-"

Seokjin notices what she's going to say so he interrupts her immediately, "Oh! Should we get something for doctor Kim?"

Chaeyoung ignores Seokjin for seconds but then she replies, "Maybe she will be happy if we bring a cup of ice chocolate."

Seokjin nods his head, "I never expect Jisoo to be a doctor."

"But you're also a doctor. Besides, you were the one that made her to take medical department as well." Chaeyoung smiles at Seokjin.

"That's right. But still." Seokjin smiles back at Chaeyoung.

"I will be the happiest person in your and Jisoo's eunnie wedding if it happened anytime soon." Chaeyoung smiles at Seokjin but Seokjin is worried.

Jisoo is always reminding him not to say anything related to; 'boyfriend', 'wedding', 'dating', even the word 'couple' to Chaeyoung. Because she's afraid it will hurt the girl's heart.

But screw it!

If his marriage with Jisoo will make her happy then he should do it! He will talk it out with Jisoo. Because both of them promised to themselves to always protect Chaeyoung since the young girl has none to lean on.