05. Work and Work

I know it's been a long time but ... hi!

1 week later ....

"Chaeyoung, please."

If you want to know who's the most stubborn person ever, the answer is her — Park Chaeyoung. Even the patient lady Kim Jisoo just can't stand it.

"Eunnie, I don't want to be like this, I want to work too. Can you help me to take care of Junghyun for few hours, please?" she begs with puppy eyes.

Jisoo sighs softly, looking at Junghyun in Chaeyoung's arms, "I told you, you don't need to work Chaeyoung-ah, I'll help you financially-"

"But I don't want Junghyun to see his mom like this, I want to work hard for him, I want to show him I can do anything on my own," she says with a high pitched voice, seeming like she's going to cry anytime soon.

"Chaeyoung."

"Eunnie, you know me so well, right? You know I'm the type of people who hates to give up so easily, I want to build my own fate with my blood, sweat and tears." Chaeyoung keeps on her argument, she really can't stand doing nothing.

She doesn't want to be a burden.

"Okay," Jisoo replies her.

Chaeyoung smiles immediately hearing her eunnie's response, it feels like a breeze during summer, maybe even better.

"Thank you, thank you!"

She hugs the older girl one arm, a tear of joy escaped her doed-eyed ones. Chaeyoung feels grateful to have such an amazing friend like her, like the others. They care so much and it's already enough for her.

"I promise I will be back on 5 PM, please take care of Junghyun for me."

"Sure, Chaeyoung, I'll take care of him just like my own child." Jisoo takes Junghyun into her arms, carrying the baby carefully.

"I hope the best for you ... always," she says to the younger girl softly. 

"Thank you."

Chaeyoung exits the restaurant with unhappy expression, her legs are aching. It was the 7th restaurant and she got rejected for the 7th times too.

Is the world is really against her?

Why it feels like anything isn't doing pretty well with her? Is she cursed?

"It's so hard to get a job, maybe I was underestimate it too much."

She walks carefully enough so she won't bump into anyone while her eyes are roaming the street to spot another restaurant or maybe inconvenience store. She must get the job by today, she doesn't want to trouble Jisoo to babysit Junghyun.

Chaeyoung who 'hates to give up' is almost giving up.

Feeling frustrated and tired at the same time.

But just then, she walks pass a flower shop, a small shop but has the brightest decoration and building-colour. She can't help but to enter the flower shop.

She opens the door and the bell above the door is ringing melodically.

A middle aged lady is greeting her right away with a warm smile.

"Hello there, welcome to Rosie Flower Shop, may I help you, young lady?"

"Hello, my name is Park Chaeyoung."

"Okay, Miss Park, may I help you?" the middle aged lady repears herself.

"May I know, perhaps ... are you looking for a helper? I would like to work in your beautiful flower shop." Chaeyoung smiles sweetly to the middle aged lady.

"Oh God, what a coincidence! I'm planning to look for a helper since I'm getting unfit and yes I'll accept you right away, Miss Park!" she beams a very happy and relieved face.

Chaeyoung widens her eyes. HOW?!

"W-w-what ... oh my God, thank you!" Chaeyoung take a bow to the middle aged lady, feeling happy as well.

"You can call me Mrs. Kim and you can start to work by tomorrow Miss Park."

"Thank you, Mrs. Kim, yes, I'll be here on time."

The middle aged lady smiles so widely, "make sure you'll be arrive at 9 AM sharp."

"Of course, Mrs. Kim, I will not disappoint you! Thank you so much for your help!" Chaeyoung take another bow to Mrs. Kim.

 She just can't believe that she finally got herself a job just when she wanted to give up.

So, God is still on my side.

I promise I'll never miss this chance!

Jungkook puts the last plastic box of carrots into his truck.

He closes the truck's door and lock it. Sweats are all over him, he's been working from 3 AM until right now just to prepare for a delivery to Seoul.

He looks up at the sky, if he's not mistaken, he will reach Seoul tomorrow around 6 AM, it will be a long ass ride, just thinking about it is already making him tired.

"Should I get some sleeps first?" he murmurs to himself.

He checks the clock and then realizing that he has no time to sleep, with his old truck he might ended up arriving late. A sigh escapes his mouth.

"You got this, Jungkook."

And he gets inside his truck.

The next day, 5 AM.

Jungkook arrives at Seoul.

The city ... it looks the same. Nothing much changed.

He admires the city view but sudden flashbacks of his memories with Chaeyoung are coming into his mind, Jungkook tries to shake it off, he's a monster to her, he did so many mistakes, he knows that he don't deserve such an angel like her at all.

The old vehicle stops in front of a restaurant.

Jungkook snaps back into reality, he needs to focus right now.

He checks the delivery address on his phone and then jumps out from his truck. His eyes stares at the big building just in front of him, he just can't believe a big restaurant is purchasing the vegetables at his farm.

It might be a start of a good thing.

Jungkook wears his cap, smiling to gain a strength for himself.

But just when he takes a step to the restaurant, Jungkook hears a very familiar voice around.

"Yeah, yeah, I'll buy the noodle soup for you, Jen." Namjoon says, phone is on his ear.

He looks at the person and he meets Namjoon's eyes. Jungkook is shocked, he bends his cap as low as it could then running to the restaurant in panic.

All he can do is hoping that Namjoon isn't realizing that it was him.

To be continued ....