04. Friends

"Your head, omg, be careful!!!"

Chaeyoung laughs softly, "Eunnie, you're too much but thank you." she says as she goes out from the car carefully while carrying her baby boy - Junghyun.

"I don't want you to get hurt, okay?" Jisoo fakes an angry expression but she ends up smiling to Chaeyoung.

The two of them walk into Chaeyoung new apartment with Jisoo holds her bestfriend to walk carefully.

Meanwhile, Seokjin who just drove the car for them is following the two girls quietly, playing with his car key.

Minutes later, they arrived at Chaeyoung 's apartment. The three of them enter the place and Jisoo helps Chaeyoung immediately to take care of Junghyun while Seokjin occupies the sofa for himself.

"Where's Seokjin oppa?" Chaeyoung asks as she lays down Junghyun gently on the bed. Jisoo sits on the bed, just beside Junghyun while playing with the baby small fingers.

"He's outside."

Chaeyoung nods her head as she walks to grab new clothes for her baby. Jisoo looks at the baby then she glances at the mother, "Hey, Chaeyoung, are you gonna still working as a waiter in the cafe?"

The younger girl walks back with a pair of baby clothes in hands, then she lifts her shoulders, "Honestly, I don't know. Should I look for a new job?"

She sighs, "I mean... I have Junghyun right now, who's gonna watch over him when I'm working?"

"But he's too small and young, you should take care of him yourself." Jisoo says carefully, afraid to hurt Chaeyoung's feelings.

"I need to work, who's gonna-"

"I will support you financially, Chaeyoung."

Chaeyoung shakes her head immediately, "No, don't-"

"Listen, I can't help you to take care of Junghyun but I can help you to buy everything whatever you and your baby needed. I want to help you, you're just like my little sister."

"Eunnie, please..."

"No, Chaeyoung. Please, consider my help. I want to help you." Jisoo holds Chaeyoung's arm, caressing it softly.

Chaeyoung just can't believe. Who's she to Jisoo? Why did Jisoo take care of her so much? She can't help but her eyes start to water, "Ah, eunnie, I'm going to cry..."

Jisoo widens her eyes as she approaches Chaeyoung immediately, "Why?" and she hugs her while caresses her back.

"You're so kind to me. You and Seokjin oppa help me the most after Jungkook-"

But Jisoo interrupts her immediately after she heard Jungkook's name from Chaeyoung's mouth, "Ssshhh, we will always help you, with or without him."

-

"I don't think I can see him, hyung."

Jimin looks at Hoseok hesitantly. He doesn't seem so sure to join Hoseok to check Taehyung's condition in the jail.

"Come on, Jim, don't you miss him?" Hoseok asks him as he points to the place where Taehyung stays inside the jail.

"I do, but I think I'll cry once I see him." Jimin whines and he cringes at himself for being such a cry baby although he's a big grown up man.

"Why will you cry? Man up, let's see him!" Hoseok drags Jimin and at the end, Jimin just let himself being dragged by Hoseok.

And here's him, Taehyung.

He already waited both Jimin and Hoseok since 5 minutes ago inside a room where he usually met them everytime they checked on him.

"Looking good, bro." Hoseok jokes as he takes a look at Taehyung who just washed up, after that Hoseok hugs Taehyung tightly, "How are you, Taehyung-ah?"

Taehyung cracks a smile and Hoseok separates their body, "Good?" he asks and Taehyung nods his head with a small smile on his face.

Jimin glances at Hoseok before he hugs Taehyung as well, "We missed you." Jimin whispers softly.

But when Jimin pulls himself away, Taehyung shakes his head, "Don't lie."

Jimin lifts an eyebrow, " I don't lie?"

Taehyung chuckles softly as he makes a gesture for Jimin to take a seat.

"If what you mean by 'we' are you and Hoseok, I'll believe it, but if it's about the others, I don't think they don't..."

"...maybe they don't even think of me."

"Nah, Taehyung, what are you talking about? We, all of us, care of you. Me, Jimin, Namjoon, Yoongi, Seokjin hyung, Jisoo, Jennie and Lisa."

Taehyung laughs bitterly, "How about Jungkook? How about... Chaeyoung? She hates me, I almost killed Jungkook."

And Hoseok realized he's messed up.

Why I didn't mention Chaeyoung? I'm such an idiot, Hoseok sighs.

Jimin clears his throat, "She misses you too."

"But I'm a murderer-"

"You're not, stop blaming yourself, Taehyung-ah!" Jimin snaps suddenly, eyes already filled with tears, he's ready to cry.

Hoseok nods his head, "Jimin's right. You were just mad because Jungkook didn't take his responsibility as a man."

"But I almost killed him!"

"..."

"And that bastard now is gone, leaving my Chaeyoung alone with her baby in her tummy..." Taehyung looks down, looking so pitiful.

Both Jimin and Hoseok look at each other at the mention of Chaeyoung and her baby, "Actually..." Hoseok speaks up.

Taehyung looks up at Hoseok immediately.

"...her baby is born."

The news feels like a breeze for Taehyung, it makes him somehow calmer and he's happy for some reasons he couldn't pinpoint.

"Is it... Is it a boy?"

Hoseok nods his head, "It's a baby boy." and it brings such a huge smile on Taehyung's face.

"Who's his name?" Taehyung asks one more time, still looking happy but surprised at the same time.

"Junghyun, Park Junghyun."

"Junghyun." Taehyung tests the name softly, "Park Junghyun." he smiles.

Taehyung looks up at Jimin and Hoseok excitedly, "He must be very cute, right?" Taehyung asks.

Jimin nods his head calmly, feeling happy to see Taehyung's pure smile, "Just like the mother."

"I want to see him but... I can't." Taehyung's smile is gone suddenly.

"Jimin, do you think Chaeyoung will let her son to meet someone who almost killed his father?" Taehyung asks Jimin, looking gloomy after all his wide smiles.

Jimin gulps down his saliva because he doesn't know how to answer Taehyung.

"Jimin?" Taehyung calls for him.

But out of sudden the officer comes and pulls Taehyung's arm quite rough, "Time's up for today, pretty boy."

Hoseok and Jimin lift their eyebrows, looking displeased at the way the officer treated Taehyung.

And Taehyung just get dragged without getting an answer from Jimin.

"The answer is a no, right?" Taehyung mumbles to himself as he's sitting down on his bed, looking at Jimin's back who's walking away from him.

And once again, Taehyung is being left all alone behind the bars.

He's lonely.

To be continued...