(Chapter 06) I wanna be a good man

---------------------------

Jeon Jungkook was nowhere close to how far gone he'd have to be before he'd let Bangtan end.

"You can hang on?" Bang Sihyuk raised an eyebrow at him.

"I'm fine," Jungkook said as loudly as possible.

It sounded good.

"We'll see how you're doing tonight."

--------------

Jungkook's manager personally called and visited all 7 of those girls the next day.

They were not all nearby, but Jungkook was lucky, so lucky, that all of them were even still in the country.

Yet to get to some of them took hours by car, especially round-trip.

When the manager returned to the dorms to talk to Jungkook at 11:15 at night the next day,

his face wary and his suit disheveled,

Jungkook's heart sank.

The hyung had spent the entire day, starting from 7:00AM, on the road for Jungkook.

Yet his eyes held nothing but apologies as he looked at him.

Like it was his fault.

Like he had let Jungkook down.

His shoulders sagged.

His eyebrows were knotted with frustration.

His mouth thinned into a line with... shame.

Jungkook wanted to tell him No, it's not your fault. Thank you for doing this for me, hyung.

"First thing tomorrow, Jungkook. In the morning. We'll announce your bonding. We're going to split the other six members up, each one solo, to visit all the radio stations and broadcasts possible. Tell everyone you need to find this girl. Please know we will do whatever it takes to-"

"No." Jungkook interrupted.

"Jungkook." His manager hissed through gritted teeth.

"No. I'm still fine."