16.

I held in my hands a small plate containing a ham sandwich and some chips. My casual shoes slapped against the Academy's hallways as I approached the medical wing. Amber had been excluded from the Youth Guard patrols since yesterday afternoon, where her dragon had been brutally shot by a dangerous arrow and left unable to fly.

I pushed open the smooth white door leading to the hospital room. A massive mattress held Rainsong, who was curled up and asleep. Amber sat next to her, her normally bright blue eyes tired and drained.

"Hey," I said, and gave her the plate of food. Amber nodded to me before turning back at Rainsong.

"How's she doing?" I asked quietly. I saw the sapphire dragoness stir in her sleep.

"S'OK. She's doing fine, I guess." Amber pursed her lips as she looked at Rainsong, "The nurse says the puncture wound really wasn't as bad as we thought. She will be able to leave the room in just a couple days and fly immediately after." my friend explained, her straight brown hair tangled.

I sighed, gently letting my fingers rest on Rainsong's claws. She twitched.

"Avyn's been worried, too." I confessed, before letting a little smile onto my face. "I think he's got some... complicated feelings towards your dragon."

"No way!" Amber exclaimed, grinning.

"I can't say for sure," I replied, smiling fully now, "But he's been worried sick about her. They've been close since they hatched... and now maybe those feelings are developing a bit more." I giggled.

"He's such a sweetheart," Amber laughed. I agreed.

Suddenly, the nurse came through the door. She gave us a brief smile, flashing pearly white teeth, and then said, "You girls have got a visitor. You don't mind, do you?" I glanced at Amber, who shook her head no. The nurse left again and then the door creeped open.

QUICK! IN THE COMMENTS? WHO DO YOU THINK IT IS?

In walked literally the last person I was expecting.

"Well, well, well," My voice was cold as my blue eyes made contact with his grey-blue ones.

"Um... hey," Aiden blinked nervously.

"Why are you here?" I hissed.

"I... I know what's going on." He started. I blinked, surprised.

"I know who's behind the attacks."

(A/N)

Look who showed up! What do you guys think? Will he lie or tell the truth?

-Puddle