Chapter ~ 18

Ethan

"I...I" I shook my head as I searched his dark eyes, he looked tired but confused.

"I thought you didn't know." He told me, as he trailed a finger along my cheek. I couldn't pull away if I tried, all I could do was sit there and stare at him.

"I d-didn't but" I paused and closed my eyes. How can I explain this to him? I must have hurt him so much. I placed my hand over the one he'd placed on my neck and took a deep breath. "I'm... I'm so sorry baby. I should have never pushed you away." I murmured.

He looked at me and gently shook his head.

"I might forgive you." He told me with a shrug and then gave me a mischievous smile that melted my heart.

"Might?" I asked him. At this point, I would do anything for him.

"I don't want you with Marcia anymore... I" He whispered as he searched my eyes and then gulped and looked away. "I... I don't want you to be with any girls anymore Ethan." He couldn't meet my eyes as he mumbled.

I smiled and gave his hand a light squeeze to get him to look back at me. Once he met my eyes, I nodded as my throat tightened. I couldn't speak.

"I'll never hurt you again" I finally was able to get out in a murmur, before I lent down to kiss him but hesitated.

"As far as I can remember, I didn't stop you before" He whispered causing me to pull away slightly, my eyebrows pulling together in wariness.

"I thought you were sleeping?" I told him shocked as his lips pulled into an amused smirk.

"It was the only way you'd stay... If I were awake, you would have left."

I looked at him shocked. Of course, I wouldn't have left! Would I? I was about to retort when I looked down to see the sad expression on his face.

"Do you want me to stay?" I asked as I ran my own finger across his cheek. I knew the answer already, but I decided that I wanted to hear it.

He looked away and nodded as if he was admitting a great weakness. I shook my head lightly and leaned in closer so that I brushed my nose against his.

"I promise I won't leave you again" I murmured and then pressed my lips to his once more.

-

Quinn

There was an annoying beeping noise going on above my head causing me to groan and open my eyes. I looked up to see the culprit was some machine which I'd grown to despise. I groaned and let my head fall back on the bed and looked out the window. It was light. Was it morning already? I don't remember going to sleep. I was with Ethan... Wait, Ethan? Ethan! My eyes widened as I noticed the arm draped across my waist. I followed its length and then turned my head to see his head resting on my shoulder.

The annoying beeping sound sounded quicker in time with my heart beats. I gulped and realized it was my heart monitor. I stared down at his sleeping face, remembering last night. He kissed me... He actually kissed me. He said he wouldn't hurt me again. I frowned slightly as a warm feeling filled my chest. I didn't want to be happy about it, because what if he didn't mean it? What if he says it's all a mistake? Maybe he was drunk when he came to see me last night and wakes up and can't remember anything. I groaned and ran my hand down my face in frustration. Why was it that something so fucking simple can be made so hard?

"What's the matter?" He suddenly mumbled in my skin. I immediately snapped my head back to see him staring at me tiredly. I didn't know what to say. I guess it wasn't up to me to say anything. I think I'd made it quite clear about my feelings last night. I just shook my head, which then caused him to lean up slightly and rest himself on his elbow.