18.

"Hum... what ?"

"I'm coming with you."

"Huh ?"

'Remind me how many languages you speak ?'

Even Nate starts to roll his eyes at my inability to form coherent words.

"No, I mean really, what ?"

"You're the one who keeps telling me I lack knowledge because I never left the territory."

"True. But I don't think this is the right time to do so."

"Don't worry. Jared has instructions and Lincoln and George already agreed to see things through during my absence."

I look at said Lincoln standing a little further and he nods.

"Everything is under control, and if anything goes wrong we'll howl for help." He smiles.

"I still think this is insane."

Nate's eyes shoot briefly to the car, his jaw tense, before he looks at me again.

"As the leader in charge of this coalition, I should be the one to appeal to these communities."

Without leaving me the time to protest he gets in the back of the car.

Now, that wasn't the plan. Can you explain to me how I'm supposed to forget he exists when I'm stuck in a trip with him. I'm already crazy enough as it is, there is no need to add to it.

This is going to be a nightmare.

I can't even start to imagine what it will be like, the four of us in the same team. I shudder at the thought. I look at Jared in panic. Apparently he hasn't processed the situation yet either. He is looking at his alpha with an incredulous expression on his face. There is another glint in his eyes too though.

'He wants to come too.'

I smirk at him.

"Now Bolivar, be a good boy and wait for mama. I'll be back soon." I tease him.

That finally brings him out of his reverie as he growls at me. I am shocked when he closes his eyes and breathes slowly to calm himself before shouting a snarky comment back. Is he trying to act like Nate now ?! This is the end of the world people.

That's it. We're doomed.

A world where even Jared behaves like a grown man and I am left alone with my childish antics means all hell broke loose and the spawns of Lucifer are ready to invade our lands.

'Hope Lucy Michaels, don't blame others for what you are.'

Didn't Satan take the lead after I retired ?

'Doesn't change the fact that you were the first Queen of hell.'

I am meant to rule.

"Be careful." Jared starts. "You can't make any mistakes now that he's coming along. You need to bring him back to us alive."

There is a certain desperation in his voice and I believe it's due to the fact that he can't come himself to protect him. It's probably hard for him to step back.

"Don't worry. I'll send you postcards." I dismiss the subject.

Nothing can go wrong if I'm there.

'Can you repeat that ? Who started a fire last time in Cancun ? Who created a tsunami in Tahiti ? Who had a hurricane blow up some parts of Orlando ?'