•22•

His blood is on me. His scar from him gripping on for dear life to my arm is on me. His last words were playing in my head like a song on repeat.
Tell my baby I love you and i'm always with you. I love you Jamie.
Why did he do it? Why didn't he just let me take the bullet that was meant for me. Why did he have to save me.. why did he give his life for mine? I've cried enough the first two days of him being gone that now I can't. I don't feel a thing. I don't feel no type of emotion. I'm numb. Everything just feels numb. Everything around me seems like i'm under water. I hear nothing nobody says to me because i'm stuck in the times where I had the only thing that brought life to me. It hurts the most to know and have to live with my unborn child living and growing up without a father.

The week planning the funeral was draining. I couldn't even last 3 days before passing everything off to Cane. After the organ donation I couldn't take it anymore. Cane even with everything he's dealing with has been more than enough help. He's so strong dealing with Yasmine not waking up losing their baby, plus her uterus. I knew I wasn't a match because of my blood type matching Shane's and he's O+.  It's broke Cane in half to know him and Yas can no longer have kids. At least they have their beautiful blessings now.

Standing at Kyle grave sight as they lowered him in the ground. I felt my heart fall in there with me. I rubbed my belly as a new emotion emerged in me.. my first emotion i've ever felt since this whole thing. Anger. Whoever did this, which I have an idea.. is going to pay by the hands of me. If I do anything, it is kill who pulled the trigger on me and the person who ordered them to. I owe it to my kid, my sanity and my husband. "I promise Kyle.. they will pay."

The only thing keeping me going is my baby. I'm worried sick about Yasmine because she hasn't woken up in a week. They say due to her blood loss she slipped in a temporary coma after he surgery. They have no idea when she's going to wake up. I've been staying with Cane to help him with the kids and to keep hisself together, it's the least I could do. We both are suffering. My sister wouldn't want me to leave him depressed high and dry with the kids on his hands alone. Cassie is here all the time also to remind Shane to eat, shower and to keep him going. Cane wanted to wait till we put Kyle to rest to start finding out who the hell did this to us. We both took a great loss and we want revenge. NOW.

This is a one time POV (maybe twice).
2 weeks later..

Jelena POV.

These past 3 weeks have been the worse. Yasmine being shot, losing her baby and her uterus. Plus Jamie losing her husband while she's pregnant. The dark air around them and my father has affected our household as he's worried sick about Yasmine. She hasn't woken up in 3 weeks and I believe it's due to the traumatic loss and experience her body has went through. Being a surgical intern i see things like this all the time, but for it to be so close to home. It's affecting me, yeah I know why when she's been so awful to us? Yasmine may have not talked to us but she's let us around her kids being as though they're my fathers grandkids and they're the light of his life along with his own kids. They're giving him the opportunity to give them what he didn't give to Yasmine.

My father told me the whole story of what he did to Yasmine, I was highly disappointed in him. There's nothing i would've wanted more than to grow up with my sister even due to the circumstances of how i came into the world. I was pissed with him because he was my super hero growing up but Yasmines worse heart break. No girl should go through that.

I enter the hospital being as though the one she's in I work in. On a 18 hour shift today I head to the ICU. I go behind the receptionist desk looking through their charts for Yasmines to check on it and to see something. "Goodmorning Jelena" Marge says sitting in her seat. "Goodmorning. Did your rounds?" "Of course. Did you?" "Uh huh.. just checking on one of your ICU patients." "Oh you mean your sister?" I roll my eyes as I start to read her chart. My eyes go over every detail of her chart hoping to find what i'm looking for. "Did you donate blood?" She says looking down at my arm with a band aid over it. "No, I just needed some to test it." "Test it? Are you pregnant?" I chuckled not taking my eyes off the chart papers flipping through them. "Hell to the no." My eyes land on what i'm looking for causing me to smile. I grab her chart turning around running into the attending who did my sisters surgery. I look up at him as he holds me. Noticing Marge watching I move out of his grip.. "Jelena." "Dr.Barns goodmorning" "Got your sister chart again" "Can I speak with you alone please?" He moves out the way for me to meet him to the side away from any ears.