snatch you away

My parents were asleep at 2 am in the morning

My parents were asleep at 2 am in the morning. I walked to the 711 4 blocks away from me. The walk I always had every single night when I came here for coffee. The cashier who also was the owner gave me a nod and said hi.

I waved and went to get my coffee. Most nights I did this. Maybe a very important test I wouldn't, but tonight I was feeling up to it. I always was a deep worrier. It was a trait of mine to be be worried about something that I don't even know what to be worried about.

I get the paper cups, and the smell of 711 coffee makes me so happy. It's comforting almost. I walk to the coffee machines while I heard, "are you gonna pull a super chug with that?"

Raspy, plain and mysterious. That's his voice sounded. I turn around and Jason dean was standing right behind me.

"Well hello Jason dean."
"Goodnight, bambi."
He knows my name!!
"You know my name?"
"You know mine?"
"What are you doing here at this time of the night?" I asked.
"I should be asking you that. Almost 3 am and a girl, all alone is here by herself? You should be careful, lots of bad men could snatch you away."

I smiled, and continued making my coffee. I looked over and his handsome face was right next to me.

I laugh and get milk for my coffee. I follow him as he leads me to the slurpee machine. His life is told and interpreted by me with him moving alot, and finding comfort in a 711. I can relate.

Eventually he pays for both our drinks, and we go outside. He lights a cigarette between his lips and breaths it out. The fumes make me cough,  and from my reaction he snickers a bit.

"Is this your motorcycle? It looks so.... fitting for you!" I say.
"A perk from my dad's company." He says, drinking his slurpee.
I look at his cigarette. I know smoking is bad, but it looks so, I don't know, just so... hot coming out from his lips.
How can anything that bad look so heavenly?

"Can I try it? Your cigarette?" I say, timidly.

"Absolutely fucking not." He says.

"Why not?"

I say, maybe he thinks I'm weird, or a child. Maybe he just doesn't want to share his own cigarette.

"Because you can't. It's so bad for you, you might die." He states.

" So why do you smoke?" I ask.

"Because I'm stupid. But I would never let you do something to harm you internally in anyway. Don't ever smoke, understood?" He says.

"Ok" I muttered.

"Excuse me?" He says harder.

"Yes sir." I said a bit louder.

He smiled at my answer. He hated the fact that I walked for four miles, and made me get on the back of his motorcycle after we were finished with out drinks and he rode to my house. He slowed down a block away as per my demand of waking my parents up. As he pulled up, we got off.

"Thanks for the ride, I'll see you at school tommorow." I said.

"So what? No 'goodnight kiss' " he joked.

I stood on my tip toes and pressed my lips to his jaw, which surprised him.

"Goodnight, I'll see you tommorow." I said, walking into my house.