1

Jackson's POV:

Jackson's POV:

"What's this mom?" My eyes dazzled when they fell upon the sparkling piece of jewelry in front of me.

"It's a chain darling."My mom replied while she slowly closed the hook with the very last loop. My neck was too small back then for the large platinum plated chain with a big ice purple gem placed in the middle. It hanged really low from my neck.

"Woah. Is it a gift mom? But-but I didn't get enough marks in the Maths test yesterday." My eyes dropped in shame, and lips curved down.

Mom smiled slightly and kissed on my head. "Yes, it's a gift darling. But not for your test. It's for our legacy, our identity"

"Then-"
"For your protection. For saving you and keeping you ali-" She broke down in tears and I started to cry along with her. I didn't know how to stop her.

"Protect? Protect me from what mom? The- the monster? Is there a monster under my bed?" My body shook just by thinking about it.

"No baby, monsters don't follow us and even if there's a monster, I know my son. He is the strongest and bravest boy ever. Isn't he?" Hearing my mom saying my name in the third person made feel proud and shy at the same time. She chuckled. "Promise me, son, you must never ever take it off okay? You cannot lose it no matter what you want. Every time you go outside you must be wearing it."

My brain would have burst if mom said those words to me now but I was too small and naive back then to ask a single question about this.

My mother looked at me with sad eyes but a warm smile following her lips. She took both of my hands and kissed them. "Listen to your aunt son. Be a good boy and behave well."

Honestly, none of her words made sense to my 9 years old brain but her loving eyes made me nod and hug her tightly.

She kissed my forehead for the last time and I started crying again, "Be careful boy. Never fall for their kind. I don't want you to go through what I went through, okay? Never ever. Do you understand? I will try my best to come back home soon. Take care son." Her voice was breaking.

Who knew that would be the last time, I would ever see her.

"Jackson! JACKSON! WAKE UP!"

Kuni's voice brought me back to reality. I opened my eyes and a tear fell from my right eye.

"C' mon man! Wake up!"

"I am not sleeping Kuni. Stop screeching." I said rubbing my eyes.

"Ugh whatever let's go! It's the last day of school before summer vacation! Ayyee~~Now, let's go!"

"We still have 2 hours Kunpimook! I shrugged and threw a pillow over my face.

"Yeah fine! Don't come to blame me when you get late for the summer camp concert tickets."