Chapter Eleven

The ride back to Forks was awkwardly calm. Alice was still processing what had happened on their shopping trip. While Ella had nothing to say. She could feel a growing pain in her heart. It was going to happen again. She hoped she would have another couple days, but in a few hours, everyone would know the true extent of her curse. And there was nothing she could do to stop it.

-------------------------------------------------------------

When she walked into the Cullens home, the shapeshifter boy Seth was there waiting for her. Ella had decided when they first met that he was her favourite out of the pack. He had defended her honour before even knowing her name. Something about him made her feel safe, like a tugging feeling pulling her to him. He was sweet, pure and kind. Ella hoped that the harsh reality of the world would never affect him until he grows up more. Reality had a habit of crushing innocents.

"Can I speak to you", asked the said boy nervously.

"Of cause".

"Um ah follow me", he replied.

He led her out of the house and into the forest that surrounded them. He did not walk far, not even out of the earshot of any would-be eavesdroppers. Ella could hear his heart beating fast and hard in his chest.

"How did your shopping trip go"?

"Is that really what you want to know? Back in my day men were not very interested in shopping unless they were paying for it. What is it you really want to talk about", asked Ella. Seth wanted to ease into questioning her about her curse. But now he could see that Ella could see through all his small talk.

"Everyone would like to know what your curse is. They're um concerned that it might affect them in a bad way", said Seth.

"Tell them they shouldn't be worried. It affects me and only me". Ella paused as she sat down n a fallen log. "Why did they get you to ask me. I am sorry if I offend you but I would think that the Cullen's or one of the alphas would question me. Not you".

Seth wasn't sure how to answer. Telling her the truth would mean telling her about their imprint bond and Seth wasn't sure if he was ready to do that. But she would see through any lie he told her. She had proven her sharp mind at the start of their conversation. The imprint bond makes him forget sometimes how old she is. He wants to know her, to hold her and to keep her safe. But deep down Seth knew that as a 1000-year-old vampire Ella was more than just wise.

Taking a deep breath Seth looked straight into Ella's eyes.

"When you came to the bonfire Billy told the story of the third wife. The story as you probably would have guessed is mostly about the imprint bond". Seth was finding it hard to breathe. He never thought he would end up in this position. Imprinting was supposed to be rare.

"It was a beautiful story but what does it have to do with you questioning me", asked Ella.

"When I first saw you after they brought you out of that cave, in your mouldy dress and tangled hair I didn't know what to think. And then I looked into your eyes and Ella you were perfect. I imprinted. You are my imprint", he said slowly.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"How did the trip go Alice", asked Jasper.

"Anything we need to worry about", said Emmet as he swung his arm around the shoulder of the vampire he viewed his sister.

"She will need a supply of blood to survive. I asked her about animal blood and she compared its taste to parchment. I don't think we can convert her to our vegetarian diet", Alice sighed.

"She's not going to kill any of the locals", questioned Bella.

"She won't kill any of them but the doesn't mean she won't feed on them. She has this ability to control minds, she can make people forget things. I think if we give her a supply of blood bags she'll leave everyone alone", replied Alice helplessly.

"What do we do then", asked Bella.

"It's not the least of our problems", announced Edward as he stared at Alice.

"No, it's not. I didn't think anything of it when we were in the city. There were people everywhere".

"What happened", asked Jasper feeling his mates distress.

"Ella has a heartbeat. On the way back I noticed there were two". Alice paused taking a deep breath before continuing. "Its like she's pregnant".

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The fire crackled in the fireplace as it consumed the logs within it. A man sat in an old wing-backed chair facing the fire. In his hands, he held an antique photograph. The people in it wearing the Victorian fashion common of that time. The man's fingers hovered over the face on the young woman seated at the front. The woman he once called mother.

The people he once called sister and brother, in the photo or not had left and spread out around the world. They no longer had the glue that kept them together. She had gone missing. Some said she left them to escape the bickering of her blood relations. But the man knew better. Always and together they had promised each other. Something had happened to her and the man was not going to rest until he found her. He had people everywhere looking for her. He had looked for her for 147 years and he would look for another 200 years if he had to.

The old six-panel wooden door in the corner of the room creaked as it opened. Into the room walked a young witch.

"The scout confirmed it. It is her Rowan. The vampire the shapeshifters pulled out of the cave was Eleanora Mikaelson. And the man smiled. He had succeeded in his century and a half search. He had found the woman he saw as his mother figure. Rowan de Montfort would be eternally loyal to her...

A/N

Earlier this week I hit 700 views and it made me so happy. I would like to thank everyone who has read this story so far, it really means a lot to me.

Thank you to everyone who voted and added my story to reading lists. Thank you to eternalgoddess2001 for being my first two comments. But most of all I would like to thank my friend iifallenstar for giving me the courage to post a story on Wattpad. If I didn't know you wrote any stories on Wattpad I would never have become a writer on this site.

How did you all like this chapter? The story is really starting to pick up now after a bit of a slow start. I love Seth he is just too sweet. I hope I was able to capture his personality well!