➢Disbelief in Me

"Give up, HAI 001. Your circuits are fried and you have been relieved of your limbs to maneuver."

White petals danced across the sky, swaying in every direction, and landing on the soft skin that was lit up by the moonlight shimmer. I remember the times when I watched the snow tumble to the ground, making a cold winter blanket. Snow is a gift from the sky. Humans are in need of fresh water that isn't processed or artificially made. There aren't enough hands to fix this problem, but there's always a solution, isn't there?

"..."

'|'|'|'

"Honey, can we buy an Android? I need more help around the house and-"

"No, why would I need an Android. I've got a weak girlfriend that can do all the cleaning and shit."

The feeble woman stuttered over her words to prevent an altercation from happening. Broken glass scattered across the floor and the furnishings. For six years, she embraced pain through words and powerful blows to her petite body.

Algid colors rained over her form with each fisticuff and kick. Aggressive taps on the windowsill from falling rain. A matron woman wedded at a young age, eighteen. She anticipated a wonderful life. A life full of laughter, love, fortune, and another generation. Young love, yes, that's what it was.

"Go buy me some more beer and maybe I'll consider it." The obese spouse slurred while waving a half-full beer bottle in the air.

Glass bottles roamed the stained carpet, covering the dried blood stains from the day before. Lachryma dripped from her eyes due to the overwhelming feeling of neglect and sadness.

"Alright, I'll go but you some beer..."

The petite woman stuttered over her words while grabbing her wallet and heading towards the door. Before going out of the door, she looked back at her 'husband,' thinking about running away, then going out the door quietly.

Music played in the distance of the streets of Detroit. Androids cleaning the streets, doing chores, and getting beat by protestors. Looking both ways, she walked across the streets, keeping her eyes on the convenience store in front of her, eyes watching her from the shadows.

A scream punctured the sky in the streets of Detroit.

"Connor-!"

'|'|'|'

"Connor?"

The sickening crack of an Android's neck filled the air with ease. The white-haired girl held her wounds while she watched the dead Android drop to the ground and looked at the figure who killed the other Android. Her optic systems widened at the familiar face and pulled herself towards him. All the memories were coming back, the love, the feels, and the struggles. The overwhelming feeling of being together once again distracted her from her heating system. It wasn't activated.

"Connor... it's really you..." she stuttered out.

Connor rushed to the feeble Android's side and sat her upwards from her previous position. She kept her eyes on Connor while he took off his jacket and placed it on her wound to maintain pressure. She is an Android but she still has human characteristics. Connor kept his eyes her while he examined her. The dents in her head, ripped off arm, bullet wound, and Thirium dripping from her mouth.

"Connor, you know I won't make it..."

'|'|'|'

"Connor, have you ever thought about being deviant?"

"Being free?"

"Free from Cyberlife?"

"No, I have not considered it. I wouldn't complete my mission."

"What is your 'mission' anyway?"

"Solving Deviant cases, of course."

'|'|'|'

"Connor,"

The petite girl removed his hands from her wounds and looked at him in the eyes. She cupped his right cheek with her left hand and smiled softly at him. Memories clouded her mind with all that she's been through and what she's feeling now. The Androids were free now and Markus made sure of that. With them free, Connor would be free. He would be freed of Cyberlife's strings and the one who pulled those strings, Amanda. But the question remained:

", what is your mission now, Connor?"

Connor didn't answer right away as she predicted. Instead, he raised his left hand to her right cheek and cupped it carefully, activating her heating system. She hummed in the soft warmth she felt. Once she was warmed up, he leaned in close to her lips and whispered before sealing the deal.

"Loving you."

^^
Technology is not something to be treated poorly. If we treated our technology fairly, we will not be in war. Our advancements will shape our future. Our actions will counter our fate. Your choices decide your true fate. Choose wisely. Think everything through.

Think before you do.

Epilogue

_________________________

_________________________________________

Dear Journal,

The stars shape the night sky, they dance across the sky as the Earth rotates, and they give us light. The same light that Markus gave to us. He fought for our freedom. Because of him, I'm alive and well beside my loving Connor. Many Androids were released from Cyberlife. However, some were children. Androids designed to act and play as children. Connor and I have taken two children upon our journey. A girl and a boy, along with some Androids designed as felines. Our daughter is named Ember and our son is named Joshua. They're the sweetest little children. They're Androids, I know. It is impossible to love them any less than they should be. I love my family. I love Connor.

Sincerely,
Esther Collins

_____________________________________________

ᴠᴏᴛᴇ & ᴄᴏᴍᴍᴇɴᴛ!