CH 65

"Hey, T," Dave answered his phone as he pulled out of the gated parking lot at 606 where he had been in rehearsals all night. Taylor had stayed with him to sort through some boxes in the warehouse and before they knew it, it was two in the morning.

"Yo, Disco!" Taylor yelled through the Bluetooth speakers in his own car just behind Dave's, "Your girl's on Absolute Radio right now!"

"So?"

"So she's... Just listen to it, asshole," Taylor laughed and hung up the call.

Dave flipped off his best friend out the driver's side window but switched from his favorite Zeppelin album to satellite radio where the last verse of The Sky is a Neighborhood was playing.

"Ten at Ten and that's the latest from the Foo Fighters, who are due to perform here in London later in the month. Two sold out shows! Elizabeth Colbert is with us this morning, are you going to one or both of the shows?"

"Sounds like I missed my chance for tickets," she laughed and even though she was a continent away, it made Dave smile. She had been in London for almost a week and he would take any excuse to hear her voice. The time difference was brutal. Whenever he had time to talk, she was on set and whenever she was back at her hotel, he was in rehearsals. Their texts were sporadic and short, too short for either of their liking, but they were both counting down the days until he was in London.

"You don't know anyone that could possibly get you in?" the DJ coaxed. Dave hated that guy, he was such a fucking tool. 

"I might know a guy. Not sure how much pull he's got, though."

He grinned at that. He had already hassled Gus into adding her favorite beer to the rider and making sure she had a spot at the stage's soundboard.

"You could always call and ask him now!"

"It's almost three in the morning in LA, he's probably really busy doing rock star stuff," Liz replied and Dave glanced over at his phone tossed into the passenger seat. He'd answer if she made the call.

"Fine, fine," the DJ relented. "Something you said when we met just a bit ago... this is your very first time in England?"

"It is!" she finally sounded excited to answer a question. "I've been through Heathrow several times, but this is my first time out in the wild."

"And what do you think of it so far?"

She sighed deeply as Dave gripped the steering wheel tighter. "I'm in love. Like, looking at real estate, in love."

"I'm happy to keep a flat watch for you!" the DJ practically yelled and Dave frowned. Like hell was he going to lose her to England. "What's got you so in love?"

"Oh, all of it. I've had precious little time to explore, but I've seen some gardens and we're filming in some amazing old theaters around here. I can't wrap my brain around how long these buildings have been standing for! Where I'm from, the oldest building is maybe mid-1800's."

"We have rose gardens older than that!" the DJ laughed. "I'll take you there!"

"Shut the fuck up, man!" Dave yelled into his empty car. "That was my thing!"

Liz laughed politely, "That would be lovely!"

The banter shifted to the Royal Wedding - "We watched it in the makeup trailer and I kept crying," Liz admitted, and to the upcoming music festivals, "I've always wanted to go to Reading and Glastonbury, though I guess I'll have to wait on the latter." Dave made a note to take her to both when the DJ shifted topics.