Chapter 7

Dean's POV

We laid in bed together until we had to become somewhat presentable. Dinner was a family meal. Breakfast and lunch was more of a "if I see you, hi and bye" kind of thing but dinner was where we all sat together and hung out together.

Both Royal and I walked down the stairs to the kitchen and dining room. "Are you feeling sore?" I asked her, looking over at her, when we got to the last step. She nodded. "A little." She mumbled. "How'd you know? I didn't say anything." She asked me. "I could tell. You look a little sore and tired." I said, touching her cheek. She lightly smiled. "Maybe we should just skip dinner. Take a nap then eat later."

I smiled too and gently took her in my arms. "I wish. But our family would know we aren't there." I told her and planted a kiss on her lips before leading her to the dining room.

"Took you two long enough." Brendon said with a smirk on his lips. I just rolled my eyes at him before Royal and I sat down. "Think you could've made any more noise?" Rocco asked but as soon as he did, his mate, Hailey, slapped him. "Rocco. We don't talk about that at dinner. Especially in front of the children." She hissed at him.

But all the kids were on the opposite side of the table instead of sitting near their parents, all of them blabbing away about whatever kids their age talk about.

"Oh, they're not listening to us." Rocco said. "They probably won't even notice I said one of their names, even if I was yelling at them." Rocco said before looking back at me. "I hope you know I can smell you on your mate." He teased.

I lightly growled at him, before stabbing a piece of potato and eating it. We all sat and ate in silence.

Dean, I don't feel good.

I looked over at Royal, who did look a little green in the face. "Royal and I need to excuse ourselves a little early. Have to discuss things." I said, gently grabbing her hand and standing up.

She followed me out of the dining room and up the stairs. "What doesn't feel good?" I asked, as we walked into my bedroom. "I feel kind of.." She said but before I knew it, she started to fall. I caught her and set her on the bed.

I mind linked Brendon.

Brendon go get the pack doctor. Royal fainted.

Royal groaned, slowly waking up from fainting. "Shh. It's okay. You fainted. Brendon should be getting the pack doctor now."

Footsteps were growing louder and the scent of Brendon and the pack doctor filled my nose way before they got to the room.

"Is she okay? Did she hit anything?" Brendon asked as I moved away so the pack doctor examined her. "I don't know if she's fine. She didn't hit anything. I caught her before she could." I said, growing more worried by the second.

The doctor, Mark, examined her. "The reason why you're probably not feeling well and passed out is because you're most likely dehydrated. Keeping yourself hydrated and resting will make you feel better in a day or so." Mark told Royal.

She groaned an okay. And turned on her stomach. Mark and Brendon left us alone and I walked over to the bed. "I'll go get her some water." Brendon said before leaving.

"Dean." She sniffled and reached out to me. "I'm here, baby." I whispered and laid down next to her. "I'm here."

She cuddled into me and laid her head on my chest. "I'm tired." She mumbled. "Do you want to change into your pajamas?" I asked her, rubbing her back. She shook her head no. "I just wanna sleep on you." She giggled. I chuckled too. "Okay. Well try and sleep." I told her, still continuing to rub her back until she fell asleep.

I wasn't tired so I just continued to lay here and rub Royal's back. She slightly snored.

There was a slight knock on the bedroom door that I didn't know that was closed and then it opened. "Here's some water for Royal when she wakes up." Brendon said, setting a water bottle down on the nightstand. "Thanks." I said.

Brendon stood there for a minute and looked at Royal. "I hope she feels better soon." He said before leaving and closing the bedroom door.

I yawned, knowing that I was slowly falling asleep. So I just closed my eyes and let sleep take over me.