Chapter 13

Dean's POV

*crash*

I bolted upright from the sudden crash. Looking around, I didn't see Royal. I opened my mouth to call her name but a blood curdling scream sounded.

I got out of bed, and ran down the hallway and down the stairs, not caring at the possibility I could have fallen. "Royal?" I called, trying to find her.

Running into the kitchen, I saw a faint outline of someone, the smell of them was intoxicating. Royal. I turned the light on and I saw that she had her back to me. "Royal? Love, look at me. What's wrong?" I asked, hearing footsteps coming up behind me.

Rocco and Brendan came up next to me. But she still didn't turn around. "What's wrong with Royal?" Rocco asked. I didn't answer and slowly walked up to her and set my hands on her waist. She screamed.

I turned her around and her eyes were closed. "Royal? Love, open your eyes." I told her. She didn't. "I think she might be sleep walking." Rocco told me. I lightly shook Royal, trying to her wake up. "Wake up, dammit!" I almost growled.

She collapsed against my chest and made a light groan noise. "Dean?" She lightly asked. "Why are we in the kitchen?" She lifted her head up, looking around confused. "I don't know. A crash came from out here and you screamed. Are you okay?"

She looked around then looked down. I followed her gaze and there was a broken plate next to our bare feet. Luckily neither of us were stepping on it. "I.. I think I was hungry. I dropped the plate and it scared me. I.. I was awake but not."

"Okay." I whispered and gently kissing the side of her head. "You are going back to bed. Come on. I'll come back down and get you something to eat once you're in bed."

I led her out of the kitchen and up the stairs to our bedroom. She was lazily walking, taking us forever to even get up three steps. "You know what.. Come here." I say, picking her up bridal style and carrying her up the stairs and to our bedroom.

"I could've walked by myself." She yawned against my chest. But I didn't say anything when I set her on the bed. "Do you want anything in particular to eat?" I asked. She shook her head no. "Okay." I said and got up to go back to the kitchen.

When I got there, I saw Rocco cleaning up the broken plate. "I could've done that." I whispered to him. But he shook his head no and threw the shards away in the trash. "It's fine. No big deal." He sighed. I knew he was probably rolling his eyes. He turned and pushed past me. "Night brother." He said and his footsteps faded away.

I sighed, opening the fridge. There was still a little bit of pizza left from earlier so I just grabbed that and put it on a plate so I could microwave it.

I know you have that pizza. I want it cold. Royal mindlinked me.

I groaned. You are weird but okay. I mindlinked back and walked back up the stairs and to the bedroom and she was sitting there with her good arm out. For me or for the pizza I didn't know. But if I had a hunch, it was for the pizza more than for me.

I handed her the plate and she ate the cold pizza happily. "Again. Weird." I said, sitting next to her, watching. "It's the babies. They want cold pizza." She giggled. I lightly smiled. "How are they?" I asked. She took another bite of pizza and swallowed. "We're just fine." She teased. I chuckled. "Good to know." I whispered.

I set my hand on her stomach. It was getting a little bigger. Maybe just because she was eating more instead the babies growing. But it was a little bigger nonetheless.

She made a little groan noise. "Are you okay?" I asked. She shook her head no. "What's wrong?" I asked, gently taking her in my arms. "I think they're trying to move or something. My tummy really hurts." She gasped.

I sighed and took the plate from her to set it on the nightstand. I tried rubbing her stomach to help her feel better. "Stop that's not helping." She cried. I did so, and sighed. "Maybe they are just moving. Your insides are probably shifting too. To make more room for them to grow."

She looked at me with tear filled eyes. I kissed her, trying to distract her from it. She eventually pulled away. "Pregnancy sucks. I don't want to do this again." She sniffled. I sighed. "I'm sorry, love." I whisper.

She groaned, setting her head on my shoulder. "It shouldn't take this long to move around." She cried. "Something's wrong. I just know it." She said.

I sighed and mindlinked Mark. Mark, Royal says that something is wrong with the babies. Can you meet us at the hospital?

Yes, Alpha. I'm here anyways. Come on over.

I stood up and picked Royal up. "Then I guess we are going to the hospital." I said and walked out of our bedroom.