t w e n t y s e v e n

"They took Maggie." Glenn said, shaking uncontrollably. 

"Merle-."

"He is not coming back!" Presley shouted, turning and looking at Daryl with blazing eyes. She had been quiet while everybody had explained their problems from the attack. Everybody looked at her with wide eyes and surprise. While they weren't not used to her explosions, this one had been unexpected. "You know what happened!"

"It wasn't him! He didn't do it!" Daryl protested angrily. This only fueled her rage.

"He led up to it! It's his fault!" She yelled. She lowered her voice to the next part, looking at him and crossing her arms over her chest, "If he comes I'm leaving."

"Presley-." Rick tried to intervene, but the two continued going at it.

"You selfish bitch!" Daryl growled. "Ye think I give a damn whether or not you stay? Go, for all I care. It'll make our lives a hell of a lot easier without your emotional mood swings!"

She stood and crossed over to Daryl, using two hands to shove him back. "That's sure not what you told me earlier, asshole." She hissed. She moved to exit the area and go back to her cell, but Daryl followed. The council watched the two yelling people leave, resuming their discussions about their own problems.

"Don't keep walking away from me!" 

"Why? You just told me to like two seconds ago!" She said, spinning around and facing him with blazing eyes.

"I-." He cut himelf short, shaking his head and raking a hand through his hair. No matter what he said, she had a comeback for it. "I didn't mean it." 

"Than why did you say it?" She whispered. It was only now that he saw how scared she was. Her shoulders shook and fear reflected in those pretty little eyes. He couldn't help but soften up. She didn't want Merle here because she was scared something like that would happen again.

"I won't let 'im hurt you." He insisted, mentally slapping himself for how cheesy that sounded. She closed her eyes, shaking her head fiercely. 

"I already relive what happened to me every night. He is the last thing I need." She muttered.

"You are not leaving!" Daryl shouted, grabbing her shoulders and slamming her into the wall of the cell. The force wasn't enough to hurt her, only to shock her and make her listen. "Ye can't keep running from your problems like a scared little girl, Presley!" His grip tightened on her. She remained silent.

"I told you I wouldn't let him hurt ye, and I won't." He whispered. She continued to shake beneath his hold, but she didn't argue any further. She just continued looking at him with a sad, scared expression. "He's my brother. Ye can't make me choose between you two." He said. She was surprised when she noticed his voice was almost tender. She was used to a rude attitude with everything he said towards her, but now he actually seemed... Soft. 

Her mind was screaming for her to push him away, knowing that she couldn't let him fall for her even more, but her heart said otherwise. She realized just then, that her feelings for Daryl Dixon were shared. She wrapped her arms around his neck and burried her face into his shoulder, trying to find comfort with the elder boy.

And surprisingly, the boy did comfort her. When she pulled away, all he wanted to do was pull her right back into his arms. It seemed like everytime she touched him, even if it was just brushing past him in the hall, his feelings escalated for her. The mere sight of her gave him a rush, anymore. He loved the fire that existed in her eyes and soul, and he loved that she wasn't just moving along life for the ride. She was here to survive, as stupid as some of the decisions were that she made, she was still here. Alive and well.