t h i r t y - s i x

The three had evenly distributed the supplies amongst eachother, even though it was unneeded... For Daryl got the SUV working. Presley showed that there was a town fairly close to where she thought they were, so they could get some gas there. In spite of everything that happened, they knew that they would survive. 

They had to. Daryl nor Stefan would let Presley die, and they knew that they had to stay alive in order to make sure that they did.

None of them had future plans or what they would do, whether or not they would join a group or simply stay by themselves, but they were okay with that. Until their next problem made it into their lives, they were all content with the world right now. 

Presley curled up in the passengers side, staring forward at the motorcycle that drove in front of them. Stefan drove the SUV, and Daryl had his bike. The raven-haired remained mostly silent for the first fifteen minutes, staring into space. 

"I wonder who made it out alive." She said suddenly without looking at Stefan. He frowned a bit, looking over at her and looked back to the road. 

"Only God knows." Stefan said. "Even if they did make it out, I don't feel like there's a very good chance that we'll every see them again. Everybody's so far apart now, we're all scattered. Most of the people who did make it out probably went on the bus.... And unless you know, I don't think we have any idea where they went."

"It would never be the same, anyways." She sniffed. "We don't have the safety of the prison anymore, we don't have a shelter to hide at. The people who got away on the bus were children and helpless women and our elderly, most likely. Anybody who could fight stayed and fought."

Stefan remained quiet when she said that. She was right, and he knew it. It didn't matter if they found the group or not, they'd all still be in danger. People had grown comfortable in the safety of the prison. They didn't know how to survive outside there, how to kill and hunt. Suddenly, he froze, and slammed his fist against the horn.

"What are you doing?" She asked as he began to slow, pulling over to the side of the road. Daryl stopped, looking both worried and annoyed. He turned toward Presley. "If you were right about the map, we're only thirty miles from Woodbury." He said. She frowned, confused at what he was getting out. Before she could ask he exited the car, approaching Daryl quickly. She followed, Zeva bouncing at her heels.

"Woodbury is vacant now. He used the people that we had to invade the prison- we didn't have our elderly and children anymore, for they all left for the prison." Stefan spoke quickly and with an excited tone. "Why not go there? There's safe walls, and food still probably stored, weapons..."

Presley remained silent. Truth was, she didn't want to go back to Woodbury. That was the place that had her torn down into nothing, and she feared that it would be a haunting reminder. She didn't dare say that, though. She wouldn't risk their safety for the sake of not wanting to be there because of something in the past. She swallowed her worries and nodded, crossing her arms. "It could work."

Daryl scratched the stubble on his chin, deep in thought. "I don't see why not." He said finally. "We still need to go through town- I'm a bit low on gas, and I know ye guys are, too."

Presley nodded, turning back to the SUV. She pursed her lips and then glanced at Stefan. "Take Zeva? I wanna ride with Daryl until we get there. I need some wind." She said, offering him a small smile. Stefan simply nodded, whistling to Zeva and jogging back to the car. Daryl was staring down at her, but he didn't say anything. 

"What if I say no?" He asked, folding his arms stubbornly. She looked up at him and smiled, blue eyes sparkling.

"You won't." She said, brushing past him and perching herself on the back of his bike. She looked at him, scooting back more and patting the place in front of her. "Les go, Juda." Daryl took a minute to swing himself onto the back of his bike, shifting his weight to get comfortable. She slid closer to him, the insides of her legs brushing his hips. Though she smelled faintly of sweat, she smelled sweet, like some sort of perfume. It was a homey smell, resembling honey and mint. A strange combination, but sweet, none of the less.

"Hang on, chika." He said, revving the engine before allowing the bike to drift forward. She through her hands up into the air, tilting her head back and laughing. He couldn't help but to smirk. He was glad that his back was facing her, for she would probably tease him for doing that. Presley, though often bipolar and she was always giving him whiplash, was one of the few sheds of light in the world today. To her, this wasn't the end of the world, it was the beginning of a new one. She didn't sit around and sulk like the rest of them, she embraced what she was given and did the best she could with it.

And that, was a detail that everybody needed.

- - - - - - -

Short chapter because I have loadssss of homework. Bleh.

Schedule is very, very busy this week. I have two volleyball games and like three tests, two of them being my worst subjects... [science and math, in case you were wondering] I have to study all week for my science test, as I am borderlining an A and I really need to be on the honor roll this semester. 

Nevermind I now have another story AND a speech to write. whoooooop. 

So, I hope you all understand if you don't get that many good updates this week. c: You can still expect at least 2-3 updates, for sure. Whether or not you get more, however... That all depends. 

Love youuuu allll <3 Thank you so so so much for all your feedback! I read every single comment and do my best to reply to the questions I have. No, I will not give you spoilers. [I occasionally post spoilers on my profile, so follow me if you wanna keep up]

Comment, vote, follow! For me? Please? I'll do an update tomorrow if I get a lot of feedback. ;)