1

a/n: if you've made it this far into my story, i just want to say thank you! it means so much to me that anyone would even think about reading my work! :))

aesthetics

Thorne Baxter

Mia McHenry

★ ★ ★

I'm sure a lot of people feel invisible most of the time. Unseen. Unheard. A wallflower.

I'm not sure how many people actually like the feeling. It sounds crazy, doesn't it? How could a person possibly like to feel unnoticed? Why would anyone want to feel like they're just watching the world spin from afar?

I do. That may be an understatement. I embrace the feeling of invisibility I get when I'm walking the halls of my school. What a lot of people don't understand is that as long as you're invisible, there are no expectations. No pressure to be someone you're not. I can be comfortable being myself, knowing that no one is judging me. Because in order to be judged, you have to be seen. And no one sees you when you're invisible.

A lot of people don't understand my point of view. That's okay. I don't expect them to. Take one of my closest friends, Emmie, for example. She's basically the complete opposite of myself. She's loud, outgoing, and confident. She couldn't be a wallflower if she tried. She'll never understand why I'd rather be home on Friday night. She'll never understand why I always find myself being drawn toward the shadows. Maybe that's why we get along so well. After all, they do say opposites attract.

The sound of a whistle blowing resonates through my brain, reminding me that I'm supposed to be focused. I can hear coach Walker yelling instructions that I know I'm supposed to be listening to, his loud voice echoing throughout the gym.