Chapter 7

A/N: Please comment if you love skittles!!!!

🌹🌹🌹

Nadiya groaned when the sun light hit her eyes. She pulled the covers over her head. She was too tired and too sleepy. Crying all night had exhausted her.

She sat up. This was enough. She had to retain on her previous plan of escaping and crying just might not do it.

She got dressed up and was combing her hair when Amina came barging into her chambers. She was panting and held her chest.

"Amina? What's wrong?"

"The prince..." She bent down still panting.

"Leaving!" She huffed out.

"He's going for war..."

War. The words rang in her ears. She had already lost her brother in a war. Her heart constricted in pain. She ran to the palace entrance. The queen was hugging him and crying. Jellal looked just awkwardly.

Ada. She was beside him to say her goodbye. She felt a surge of jealousy. He was leaving. She hadn't even said good bye. And he turned to look at her. He gave a minuscule smile. She smiled back. And he was led to the horse and he rode away with tons of soldiers, cooks, doctors, concubines and many people needed.

And shortly, she returned to her chambers. She sighed. Why hadn't he informed her? She fell on the bed with a huff.

She sat up as the eunuch guard came in.

"The prince has sent a message for you." She said and handed her the paper and went away.

She freed the ribbon that was binding the letter and let it unroll.

Nadiya,

First and foremost I offer my heartfelt apologies. Father had ordered me to go immediately otherwise which was planned a fortnight after. I don't know when I'll be back... Hope you forgive me by then.

Yours Truly,

Jellal.

She traced her finger on his name. She could hear his voice while she was reading the letter. He hasn't even gone for an hour and she already missed him.

What was so special in him that made her feel this pull towards him? They weren't even the same. She was a concubine, he was the prince. Whatever made her heart thump at his presence? She hadn't felt this before. It was strange yet beautiful.

🌹🌹🌹

Jellal couldn't help his heart tugging at the sight of her. For a minute he wished it was her beside him other than Ada, then he could bury his head in her hair that sweetly smelled of Jasmine.

He wished he had atleast said good bye in person. He wished so many things. And every thought included her. It was as if she had put a spell on her. Had she? He groaned mentally. Nadiya, Nadiya, what have you done to me?

🌹🌹🌹

A year later....

Jellal's POV:

I walked out my tent. I nodded to the guard to jumped at my presence. The smell of chicken cooking in the tandoor made my stomach grumble. Not far some soldiers sat around a fire clapping and singing. I walked towards the small creek. The moon shone in the water. I looked up at the full moon.

I grew nostalgic day by day. I missed home, I'd sleep in the servant's quarters rather than mosquito infested tents here. Now I sound like a spoilt prince! But I missed all of it, the people, everything. Staying away from home was maddening. Maybe that's why Salim was like this, staying away had done this to him.

I sighed at looked at the moon. Most of all I missed her. I missed her laugh. I missed her brown eyes. I missed talking to her. For days I pondered on what was that I was feeling towards her. I realized it when I saw Omar missing his wife and acting like a sissy. The same was happening to me. It had to be love. I love her.

The war would be soon over. I just wanted to go home and be with her. Tell her what I felt. Does she feel the same way? I had no idea. All I could do now is anticipate.

🌹🌹🌹

Nadiya's POV:

It had been a year since he'd gone. He regularly wrote about his whereabouts, his victories, his losses and sometimes to his family. She hid behind the pillars to listen to his letters.

She still recieved stink eyes from every royal member. That day Ada had barged into her chambers and told her to leave her to be husband alone. She felt like throwing a persian vase at her in that moment but she controlled herself.

Since then she'd become an active member in the mistress' gossip group. They all understood her since they all felt the same. They were all inbetweeners.

And from that group she knew Ada was a rich merchant's daughter and she was promised to Prince Jellal when they were children. They had bonded soon but Ada had to be taken back Desert Kands While they both were miles apart, they both wrote letters to each other. They seemed like good friends but no one could confirm if they had romantic affairs or not.

She also knew wives or fiancés tend to react vicious towards mistresses. It just meant that they were jealous of them that's all. Though wives hold power politically, it was mistresses who held the real power. 'Cause they owned the heart of the man and their wives didn't.

Qaseema laughed as she narrated a story where Lady Ary had tried to poison her and failed miserably. Nadiya no longer denied the feeling she had for him. It was nothing like she felt before, it was everything that women in this room felt for their men. It was love.

🌹🌹🌹

A/N: Vote and comment!