The Cat Hunter

My name is David Nelson, I am a bounty hunter. But not human generosity, no. I catch something much less predictable. I hunt animals, those that have attacked people, I find them and either capture them or kill them. But sometimes people pay me to hunt for things that are not so easy to explain, like the Chupacabras, or Bigfoot. Recently I had many people who wanted to hire me to hunt the Slenderman, they rejected them. I am a moral man, I knew Slenderman did not exist and I was not going to take his money and give them anything in return. Recently I launched one of my most unusual expeditions, and while I returned empty-handed, the story remained pretty.
I was hired by a woman to hunt for a creature that she claimed had saved her life. She did not tell me the details. She wanted him alive, and she assured me that she could offer adequate compensation. Against my better judgment, I agreed. As always I said goodbye to my wife and three children and went to any isolated location my destination called home. After I went I took out the folder my researcher had given me in the creature. I'm not exaggerating when I say this, it seemed like something out of hell. It had the general form of a man but it was not, it was a shark. It is represented in a stooped position with blood covering it from the hands and mouth. It is soulless eyes and full of hate. They had put me on the trail of alleged sightings of fish-men before, which were actually quite common but this one was different. It's most unusual feature was a pair of horns, as the devil himself is said to have. That was the kind of detail I did not like to see, when people do things from above, they tend to keep their claims pretty standard, like Bigfoot or nessie. Everyone sees the same, because everything is in their head. All based on some original joke, which was based on reality for what seems plausible. On the other hand when things start to arrive until coincident, there is a good chance that the witnesses were seeing something. The woman had not had the faintest idea where this thing was, but my behind the scenes investigation man had been reduced to a small stretch of coastline about 20 miles east of where she lived. I grabbed my rifle and traps and got into my truck. as the devil himself is said to have. That was the kind of detail I did not like to see, when people do things from above, they tend to keep their claims pretty standard, like Bigfoot or nessie. Everyone sees the same, because everything is in their head. All based on some original joke, which was based on reality for what seems plausible. On the other hand when things start to arrive until coincident, there is a good chance that the witnesses were seeing something. The woman had not had the faintest idea where this thing was, but my behind the scenes investigation man had been reduced to a small stretch of coastline about 20 miles east of where she lived. I grabbed my rifle and traps and got into my truck. as the devil himself is said to have.That was the kind of detail I did not like to see, when people do things from above, they tend to keep their claims pretty standard, like Bigfoot or nessie. Everyone sees the same, because everything is in their head. All based on some original joke, which was based on reality for what seems plausible. On the other hand when things start to arrive until coincident, there is a good chance that the witnesses were seeing something. The woman had not had the faintest idea where this thing was, but my behind the scenes investigation man had been reduced to a small stretch of coastline about 20 miles east of where she lived. I grabbed my rifle and traps and got into my truck. When people do things from above, they tend to keep their claims fairly standard, such as Bigfoot or Nessie. Everyone sees the same, because everything is in their head. All based on some original joke, which was based on reality for what seems plausible. On the other hand when things start to arrive until coincident, there is a good chance that the witnesses were seeing something. The woman had not had the faintest idea where this thing was, but my behind the scenes investigation man had been reduced to a small stretch of coastline about 20 miles east of where she lived. I grabbed my rifle and traps and got into my truck. When people do things from above, they tend to keep their claims fairly standard, such as Bigfoot or Nessie. Everyone sees the same, because everything is in their head. All based on some original joke, which was based on reality for what seems plausible. On the other hand when things start to arrive until coincident, there is a good chance that the witnesses were seeing something. The woman had not had the faintest idea where this thing was, but my behind the scenes investigation man had been reduced to a small stretch of coastline about 20 miles east of where she lived. I grabbed my rifle and traps and got into my truck. that was based on reality for what seems plausible. On the other hand when things start to arrive until coincident, there is a good chance that the witnesses were seeing something. The woman had not had the faintest idea where this thing was, but my behind the scenes investigation man had been reduced to a small stretch of coastline about 20 miles east of where she lived. I grabbed my rifle and traps and got into my truck. that was based on reality for what seems plausible. On the other hand when things start to arrive until coincident, there is a good chance that the witnesses were seeing something. The woman had not had the faintest idea where this thing was, but my behind the scenes investigation man had been reduced to a small stretch of coastline about 20 miles east of where she lived. I grabbed my rifle and traps and got into my truck.
Just five minutes after arriving at the scene I had already got an arrangement of land, I noticed an old lighthouse nearby and I turned to him. As I got closer I could see why it was abandoned, there were caves under its foundation and the whole thing had sunk about ten feet on the ground. Now it does not take a genius to see that this was clearly the best place for this thing to reside. I tried to venture carefully, but I slipped, I'm not as young as I once was. In the bottom I could hear heavy breathing. Not like the one panting and puffing from a tired runner, more like the breathing of something big. It was dark, so he took my flashlight and looked around. A flash of metal caught my attention, it looked like gold. At first I thought that today was my lucky day, but as I held my flashlight in it it disappeared for a second and I returned. Then he moved.
As what I was looking for in one more step in my light suddenly I became very worried.The reason the gold had disappeared was simple, it was not dubloon of some loose pirate hiding in the basement of an old lighthouse. It was a golden sphere in the basin of the left eye of the same creature he was hunting.
That is not in the picture I thought as I looked around for my rifle, which was on the ground a few steps behind me. I picked it up and turned to the beast but it had already arrived. He grabbed the barrel of my rifle and pulled my hand, launching it across the room. In it is the other part was a knife. No, I was not holding it, the metal sheet seemed to come from under the skin of the creature. He turned his face to the mine, the golden eye turned out to be a socket as it looked above me. Then he stood up and started to walk away.
What I did next almost certainly should have gotten killed. I yelled at her "What, you do not have the stomach for me? Do not you like YER 'meat is hard?" It was incredibly stupid, but I did not like being played with. What I did not expect was an answer, with a voice that was disgustingly human.
"Go back to your David family, your wife would never recover from losing you." I was surprised, I sat there, only those few words had completely turned this situation in his head. This was not a monster, it was something else, something sensitive. I should have already heard the left, but I was curious. I had to know what this thing was, why it had saved me. So once I told him the first thing that came to mind.
"What the hell are you?"
I will leave the story here briefly to explain one thing, from now on I am relaying exactly what he told me. I'm going to pause once in a while and slip a few words about my mood as he was telling me this, but the story is all his.
"I was once a man, as I am sure you have already guessed, but what he did to me in this way was not a curse as some might suspect, it was my own doing ... I do not remember much from my childhood, except Two things: The first was the death of my parents, murdered by the Mafia, they took me in for my aunt who lived far from the city I grew up in. The second was a feeling of uselessness, provoked by not fitting in. I moved to The city was too late in school, the law of the strongest was established and I fit in the bottom, no matter how hard I tried, I stayed there, and now I realize that there is nothing I could have done about anyone but let it go. At the moment that these things destroy me.
I tried to ignore the sentences of the other guys, I tried to fit in with them. Nothing worked, there was always something with time my parents were dead. I realized that no matter how much I tried to be like all the other assholes I could never be. So I decided to be different. I came across a concept called the mysterious valley, I will not explain it to you but it was exactly what I needed. Essentially if I could not be accepted, I would have to be so distanced that I was no longer human, so I do not have to give a shit about anything. I thought long and hard about how to do this, dramatic plastic surgery was ruled out quickly, even the most dramatic changes that could provide still landed me within the limits of humanity, in fact, They were going to put me in the center of the valley that I was trying to avoid. Finally, I reduced myself to only two options that truly allow me to transcend humanity, magic and genetics, which was only a matter of which one I found within my reach.
In the end I had to use a combination of the two, the genetic engineering was still light years away from the possibility of completely replacing one of whole DNA not to mention they have live. Magic would not work, simply because the cost of creating matter and complex organic structures was too steep. At the end of my last method was a mixture in appropriate place. Instead of transforming myself, I would like to grow a new body in a tank, then when I had matured I would use magic to move my mind on its new host. The creation of this body took 10 years, but it did not matter in the long term because my new body would be the same age no matter how old I was when I entered it. I managed to find some other useful things in my study of the arcane. I found a ritual that can turn your bones to steel, but they can cure it, later I learned that this ritual had other uses, but I did not know it at that time. I had to pay for some genetic engineering laws stripped of books, after all, I intended to go out in public.
On the morning of my 30th birthday I addressed myself to the store where I had been carrying out this project in secret. The weather was cloudy but I had never been in a brighter mood. That day I would like to put my human foot in the deposit chamber for the last time. As I dragged an unconscious deer behind me, I was reassured, unfortunately the exchange ritual required a sacrifice. "
He paused here and lit a fire, with the added light I got my first real look at him. He was taller than any man, probably seven feet, while his face was that of a shark that was somehow smarter. He had managed to maintain his ability to show emotion. With a few exceptions his body was human in muscular form but not bulky. Once again I drew attention to the horns, when asked about them he admitted that they were just an aesthetic touch. I took the sketch out of my pocket that represents the grunting beast the hunt had arrived and threw it into the fire. The creature in that photo had nothing like the one in front of me. I also noticed that when the blade had left his skin, now there was only one scab.
He continued his story
As the fog stopped, I was aware that I no longer felt my body, I was totally among the forms, I started to worry, but I quickly felt something. My new ship had begun to breathe, and little by little, since it's lungs were filled my mind slowly returned from it's free floating state. When it was completed I felt like I was going to collapse, but I also felt stronger than ever. I stood up and walked, awkwardly at first, but soon I got used to my new movements. I grabbed a couple of clothes items from my corpse, namely the coat and the pants, and set out to enjoy my new life. Upon leaving, I realized that my sacrifice that was alive at the beginning of the ritual was already dead,
The transition was smoother than I could possibly have expected. Obviously people were scared, but wearing formal and informal acting clothes I managed to keep the most of panic. Naturally, my personal life took a hit, it became almost impossible to pick up women who were totally sober. Over time since my presence sunk in, some people began to feel comfortable in my presence. I even found someone romantically. I do not like to refer to her as my girlfriend, although that is the term that fits. She had no qualms about my appearance, in fact, I would like to think that she found my body attractive, but I have no proof of that. Not long after we met we were living together. It was the best thing that ever happened to me. "
He stopped, stood silently and left for a long time, letting the last line sink with me. I did not ask him why he left, I was not in the mood to test his hospitality. I nevertheless take that opportunity to look around. There were some objects around the caves, a piano, some framed photos, a pile of loose books. When he came back I noticed a blood stain on his face. I was beginning to wonder where this story found its conclusion. He continued:
"My life was going better than I ever had, not only did I not feel the need to fit in, but people stopped waiting for me, I stopped getting conferences from strangers, because people did not expect me to think like them Never again ... Unfortunately, it was soon found that this same phenomenon also had drawbacks.
It had been about two months, little by little the word of me extended. As this happened local religious groups began to notice me. I became a symbol to them, who was literally demonized. They started to protest, they followed me wherever I went, some went so far as to say that it was Satan himself. With few exceptions people stopped associating with me, in the end I was left with only a few friends, most of whom can not see me in person. Only Lynn caught by me. Soon the growing mobs turned their attention to her, they called her horrible things as whore and sinner and constantly harassed her. She became a pariah by my side, I had dragged her into what should have been my own personal hell.
The crowds arrived bolder and bolder, they started coming inside my house, I never had a moment alone with Lynn anymore. Until one terrible day, we were leaving a store and a little drunken bucker broke through the crowd. He had a bottle of beer in one hand and a rifle in the other. Some of his companions stood on the sides, Hootin and Hollerin. He finished his drink and tossed it aside screaming something incomprehensible and then pulled out the rifle. "
He stopped again, I got the bad feeling that this story was about to take a nasty turn, and he started talking again, but this time slower.
" A shot was heard.
I looked at my chest expecting to see a wound but there was nothing, while the crowd remained silent I turned to see her fall, a bullet wound through her eye. For a second I just kept watching her fall, I did not dare to catch her, she was already dead. I turned to the shooter, who slowly staggered forward and then in an instant that was right in front of him. He had a drunken look, stupid pride on his face, no doubt he had shot him in the name of his church. It made me sick, it was not a man's place to choose who lives and who dies. But I was not a man ...
No more.
I punched him so hard in the stomach that I could feel my fist complement his spine, and then he threw another blow that connected with his face, his skull shattered as he started back into the crowd, behind blood . I stayed there for a second, the man's friends were too drunk to understand what had just happened, but I knew what he had done. He looked at me through a hole in the crowd, but I could not find one, I was completely in a box. I could not stay here, I had to flee. In a moment of desperation I simply ran through the wall of the people. I cleared the way without much trouble, people were suffering major injuries as I tossed them aside, but I did not care. What was done was done, which had cemented my place in the public eye.
As I ran, it occurred to me, I had done to myself what the governments had been doing to their enemies since the dawn of civilization, which had dehumanized myself. They would find no hesitation in killing me now. I took the risk of stealing Lynn's body from the morgue, I buried her, knowing that her tainted reputation would keep anyone from doing it properly. I could not go home, I went quietly to the house and took a couple of things, including a golden cross that had been transmitted in Lynn's family. I do not like being reminded of her, but I felt bad leaving her there. Ironic that the thing that reminded me here would be a cross, after religion was what condemned her.
I spent years moving between abandoned buildings, staying away from the opinions of the police. During that time my rage festered. Human society had considered Lynn's life worth less than that piece of garbage that had killed her, at least that was the way I saw it. He killed her for no reason, I killed him for justice, but if there had been a trial, he has undoubtedly given me a death sentence, which is two lives for the cost of one single value. Finally I realized my purpose. While I was human, my life had no more value than the pieces of humans denying themselves, now I was more than that, I could choose who lived and died. Shortly after I discovered that I was more suited to kill than I wanted to admit, in addition to my jaws and my physical strength and speed, I found that my metal skeleton could re-form at will, and by consuming additional metal I could force peaks of it through my skin. I was too efficient for a predator to shrink in the dark any longer. "
He paused briefly to show his ability. He extended his arm near the fire and I could see a metal spike emerge from under his skin. It reflected light for a second before it retreated, leaving only a small trickle of blood. He resumed his story, only now he was a little too enthusiastic. I was worried, but I did not dare to move.
"In the next few months that he killed 12 people, they were all trash, their lives were almost worthless." Along with the first man who has considered his courage, he approached what had been taken from me.
The first five members of the band were, they were harassing a woman, I could not see after what happened with Lynn. The first of them did not know what hit him, he threw him to the ground before stomping on the head. The second one was too scared to move, I crushed her trachea with my bare hand. The third and fourth taken pistols. I broke the first one's arm and pushed a leaf all the way through his chest. The other shot me twice before a backhand strong enough to break his neck. The last of them tried to run but he ran down and stabbed him in the back of the skull. I suspect that this woman is the one who hired you, last I checked that I was in a mental institution. I'm glad to know he's out, but I do not think seeing me would be good for her.
The next two were bastards hanging near a public park. I cut one of his arms with a blade protruding from my forearm, and the blood covered everything, the other running, but I threw him and tore his throat.
The next was a boy stealing to feed his drug addiction, I grabbed him by the leg and threw him against a tree so hard he never got up.
The next two were stealing a house, I waited outside, and when the first one came out I cut open the stomach. The second one saw me from the window on the second floor and tried to get out the back door, I let him get an advantage so I took him down running.When I threw him out he offered me the looting of stolen jewels he was carrying, I slapped him from his hand and drove a metal pick through the bottom of his jaw.
My favorite was the pharmacy cashier, slipping cash out of the cash register. He took a shotgun from me, grabbed me by the barrel and pulled it out of his hands. Then I hit him on the side of the head so hard that I was sure he was going out.
But then the last one arrived, this was the one that changed everything. A wife cheating on her husband. I entered through the front door and up the stairs as quietly as possible.Then, suddenly I kicked the bedroom door off its hinges and went inside. I threw the man out the window, who landed in a fire hydrant at a slanted angle and did not move. I turned to the woman who was trying to get up and run. I lifted her by the arm and bit her throat. "
I was horrified, maybe I was not as stable as I had let myself believe. But he did not kill me when I first arrived, why should I kill myself now. I slipped out shortly, wishing I still had my rifle just in case.
But maybe there was a chance he could start over. If only I could reach a less populated area.
I had to make a career for him. Some police officers tried to stop, but it was useless. I killed the first one by simply horning him with my horns. As the second one drew his weapon I jumped towards him, placed the palm of my hand on his face and slammed it into the ground with such force the cracked pavement. I should not have killed, their lives still had value, but not as much as mine. Later I could see my exit, the street was a dead end and beyond that it was a thick patch of forest. Even if they followed me there was no way they could catch me, I was too quick for them to chase on foot. "
This felt like the end of his story, and yet he continued, I do not think I can hear him describe killing More people, because the blood on his face made me want to vomit.
"As we entered the forest the sun was going down, the air in the forest was cool and fresh compared to the scent of city exhaust cars, I walked for at least an hour before I felt I had gone too far away, then I sat down and went to sleep,
unfortunately the dream escaped me, at first I thought it was guilt or anxiety, but I felt tempted to walk, I felt insecure, as if they were still following me. of hearing a lot before a search party approached, though I doubted they would send one tonight, but I certainly felt a presence, watching me. I kept wandering around, then I saw it.
He was a human figure, in a black suit, he was on his back, but his skin was pale white.He stood on one foot taller than me, not bothering me until I remembered that he was already a foot taller than any human. I called him, but there was no response, I looked away for a second and when I looked back I was standing right in front of me. In this range I realized that it was not just a foot taller than me, it seemed to rise above me. He crouched down, as he did, I realized that his face was just soft flesh. Someone in your line of work is almost certainly heard of this creature before. I bet you did not think it existed, so I did not do it right. "
I had no idea how to react to this turn in your story. Was it all a lie? Had all this been a joke? No doubt, he could not simulate the kind of emotions he had shown when he told him about Lynn's death. I had to assume that he was telling the truth. If only to make sure that he would keep faithful to his decision to let me live.
"It was my fate, to be killed by Slenderman after having accomplished so much, surely he could see that I was special." But I said to myself Slenderman did not just show up, "How long have you been watching me?" While I was still human or did I attract him with my use of magic? I backed up slowly but he did not seem to go any further, in fact, he seemed to fill more of my vision with each step He reached into his pocket and pulled out a letter . wisps he gave it to me ... No, I was just showing me said.
Anyone concerned about
It has come to my knowledge that you are no longer human. Congratulations, being the last to transcend the limits of humanity. It is truly an achievement that few even dare to dream about and even less manage to achieve. I hope I have the opportunity to meet you someday, however before that happens you must discover yourself. You have a lot of time to do what you want, figure out what you are driving, and carry out that, refine it, make a name for yourself, or do not do it. I warn though, that killing too many humans is a good way to get killed too. Someday you may feel that your course has been executed, for coming that day you seek me out, and I will bring you to my domain as a brother.
The letter did not have a signature.
When I had read the letter, Slenderman disappeared, and I finally had the opportunity to go to bed and sleep. "
He stopped, leaned back and laughed a little himself.
I am sure that in your time on this earth you have probably shown that you letter to a good number of people, or things that were once people. Everyone finds their place on this planet, some may become obsessed with the public and become urban legends, others may opt for isolation and continue out of the mind of mankind.
Personally, I think I found my place in the world after Lynn's death, when I killed that first man. Since the last incident I have found a solution to my last problem. You see this eye? I made it from Lynn's golden cross and a few key ingredients. With her there is no conjecture in my assessment of a life. "
I remembered the first time he had looked at me, feeling that he had eyes on me, how he knew my name, I suddenly felt a little more comfortable, maybe It was not as unpredictable as I thought, while he had a method that he could be sure was not going to change his mind.
"Little by little I disappeared from the public mind, a movie studio took credit for me as a publicity stunt." The video of killing me that man's wife was dismissed as a hoax, most people still remembering that there was existed assumed reality I was not, now I am truly out of humanity Using the value of Lynn's soul as a measure I can see enough that she deserves to live and who should be turned off If I come for you, there is no negotiation, I can see her whole life past and future, and my judgment is absolute. "
That's where his story ended. I stayed for a while until I felt safe abandonment and then I went home. I leave you with some advice you gave me. There are only a few ways to avoid the other than being lucky to be overlooked. First, live a life that contributes to society, then you will see one and let yourself go. In today's world there could be a higher order than can be expected, but nothing is lost with trying. Second, surround yourself with friends and family who care about you. Normally he will simply find subtle ways to comfort his loved ones after he has passed. However, if your death would cause too much pain among the innocents you will not spare, I suspect that was what saved me. He warns me that sometimes it will try to weaken those bonuses, so I hope your family did not swing easily. Third, he can become like him. If you are ambitious enough to let go of the chains of humanity that will not kill you. Just as Slenderman did not try to kill him.
This may sound strange, but I wish you luck, maybe one day you decide to make a return, and maybe this time we will accept it. Meanwhile, my family and I have nothing to fear ...