Chapter 12

Before the auction started the Prince's consorts came to give a speech. Only a few people aren't happy with them but to me, it made sense. The Queen has a second rank husband and they are twins, but also they are cousins to the first Queen's husband King Leonard, which means they have a right to be here since they are selling items of their ancestors.

"Welcome, everyone to the Royal auction." One of them started saying.

After they finished their speech the auction had started. The items were auctioned off in random order, it will take a long time until I can bid for Queen Agatha's diary.

As I predicted, most people are bidding for jewelry. That jewelry was made by talented masters, but since I'm not a fan of jewelry and I didn't like any of them, I didn't bid on them. Why buy a piece of jewelry if I don't plan to wear it?

I noticed people surrounding me were confused as, why I didn't bid on anything. I think it's better to make people believe that I'm uninterested rather than that I don't have enough funds to buy anything.

The next items that will be auctioned off were art pieces. I bid on some beautiful paintings, but I fought hard on Queen Marceline's painting where she was painted next to the lake. This lake is called Rose Water lake and you can find this lake in Mountainville next to my resort. It will add more historical value to my resort if I get it.

I didn't get the painting, unfortunately, because someone got it for 50 000 ravendalian dollars. With that money, I can buy myself a small studio apartment in Etria, in addition to that Ravendalian dollar worth more than Etrian's. My husbands offered to get that painting, but I told them it wasn't worth it.

Finally, it comes to turn for the diary, the item that only three people were interested in. I waited until the auctioneer said the lowest starting bid, but I was too slow so I bid 600 dollars. In the end, I got the diary for 2000 dollars. I was glad that I was able to get it.

After the auction, there is a party so people can socialize. I don't know any of the noble families that are here. I only know the Ruby family, but they don't have enough influence to be here.

"Dearest wife, can we go and talk to our friends? We haven't spoken to them for a long time." Nathaniel asked me.

"Sure," I said. Alexander and Nathaniel went to greet their friends and I was standing alone.

I sighed.

I thought I would be standing alone at a party for a long time, but it appears that I was wrong. I recognized the twins from the Sapphire household that were coming towards me.

"It seems we've met again, the last time we didn't have time to ask you a question." The one who stands on the right said.

"Isn't it already too late to ask the question? And how is your son?" I asked them.

"He is doing better, thanks to you we know the real problem. We still wonder how you managed to get the right to diagnose our son, when other doctors thought that our son had mental issues." The one standing on the left asked.

I explained to them what signs showed me that their son has problems with hearing and not a mental disability. They were impressed by my observation.

"We never knew that you were Duchess Amethyst if we knew we would be more respectful back then," They said. To be honest, I didn't know either that I would be marrying into the Amethyst household.

"I didn't know it either," I said jokingly and then continued.

"I was originally from the Blue Topaz household, I only recently became an Amethyst," I told them and they nodded.

Soon we finished talking because they said they needed to leave early, but they gave me their business card, in case I wanted to do business with them. On the business card, I found out that their names are Mason and Jason.

After a few minutes another fellow wanted to talk to me. He had blonde hair and blue eyes and he wore a blue suit. Is he from the Aquamarine household?

"Why would such a beautiful lady want a Queen's diary?" This fellow asked me.

"Wouldn't you all want to uncover secrets of the most mysterious Queen?" I asked and this man grinned.

"My lady, but this diary is hard to read, not all people can understand this diary." He said.

"I can understand it," I told him truthfully.

"Then you must have been in Etria." This guy told me.

I found out that he is also from Etria and he studied psychology there. I also found out that his name is Jamison.

We bonded quickly because we have some things in common. We talked about Etria and how Etria is different from Ravendale. I enjoyed talking with him, I thought I would be alone at this party and have no one to talk to. This thought gives me anxiety, but when I talk to him I don't feel anxious.

"I guess your wife is already conquered lots of men's hearts today." My friend Alvar remarked. I looked at her and I saw that she was already enjoying the conversation with Jamison. I noticed that she is now in a better mood, she is smiling and her eyes are shining.

She looked beautiful in her dress, but the quality of the dress does not intimidate men, they think they can offer something better. If we knew she wouldn't use our money to buy things she wants, then we would buy her more expensive dresses and jewelry, so the men around her would know that they cannot afford her.

Now she ignited men's curiosity and women's envy. Men want to become their second or third rank husbands and women want to have the attention that she is having.

I don't know about Alexander, but seeing her caught the attention of a lot of men bothers me a little bit.

"Should we go home?" I mind linked to Alexander, he looked at me confused at first, but he understood my intention.

"I'm sorry Alvar, it appears the sky is getting darker and we wouldn't want to be late for dinner," Alexander told Alvar.

Then we went to tell her that it's time to go home.

We were discussing the theory of how fast Ravendale can become more like Etria. Our conversation was interrupted by my husbands.

"It's time to go home," Nathaniel informed me and gently took my hand.

"How rude, you're not going to greet me?" Jamison asked my husbands and they both glared at him.

"Hello, Jamison." Alexander greeted.

"Goodbye, Jamison," Nathaniel said and we went to another room to pay for the diary.

There was a small line waiting to get the item and pay for it. When it was our turn I wanted to get my credit card from my purse, but Nathaniel stopped me and he gave his card to the manager and they gave me the Queen's diary. It was already wrapped in a protective cloth.

"You shouldn't have paid, I can afford it," I said but Nathaniel and Alexander smiled.

"Don't worry, just think of it as a gift from us," Alexander said.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hello my dear readers, I apologize that I couldn't update last week. I was busy since I'm a freshman in college and I had some assigments to do.

I hope you will enjoy reading this chapter.

See you guys later ^-^