Chapter 45

I was shocked when I heard the news from Mary. I didn't know James would come here.

To be fair he did mention that he will try to get a Ravendalian visa approved.

My husbands also looked confused, but they were calm.

I stood up and followed Mary.

Did Ashley and Robin also come?

At the entrance, I saw James, Ashley, and Robin waiting for me. James and Robin looked shocked by the Ravendale. While Ashley was just happy to see me.

As soon as she saw me she ran towards me and hugged and I hugged her back. James and Robin saw me when Ashley ran towards me.

"I don't believe that you grew up here." Ashley said and I laughed.

"So your name is Annabelle instead of Anna?" Robin asked.

"Yes, my name was a mouthful and people kept associating me with the scary doll, so I shortened it, but yes my real name is Annabelle" I explained.

"Oh, yes. We found out that you are quite famous here." Ashley told me.

"Oh?"

"Yes, when the border control guy didn't find you in the database using your alias. He was nice enough to search up a person who used your alias. He was surprised that we were your friends in Etria. He told us a lot about you based on the newspapers." James explained.

"Yeah, I didn't plan to be famous but here I am." I tried to joke. Ashley looked at me with fear and hesitation and said.

"Um, Anna?" She pointed a finger at my husbands in their jaguar form. My husbands followed, they decided to follow me a little later.

"Oh, they are my husbands. They are currently in their cat form, but they will change in human form soon." My husbands purred in response and surrounded me like house cats touching my dress with their tails.

Their faces were priceless. Nonetheless, I need to help them settle in Mountainville for a week.

I gave them empty rooms in the resort and gave a little tour of the resort.

Later that day, I offered my friends to play croquet with me. My husbands decided not to join. I respected their decision, because they knew that they would be making my friends uncomfortable.

I taught them the rules of the games, did a few practice rounds and then we started playing in competitive mode.

"Whew, I still have it in me." I told them.

I remember my mother forced me to learn those things, so I would be able to entertain guests when I inherited the position. Or I would appear intellectual if I would manage to get into the aristocratic circle.

"Annabelle, who is this girl waiting behind the bushes?" Robin asked.

"Oh, that is Elizabeth, my step-daughter." I told them then I turned to a place where Elizabeth was hiding.

"Elizabeth, come here. If you want to be next to me or ask me, you shouldn't hide, I wouldn't mind." I gently told Elizabeth.

Elizabeth came to me and said

"Alright, mother."

I smiled and patted her head.

Elizabeth called me a mother. It was hard to hide my happy expression, but I didn't think it's the right moment to share my excitement.

"Do you want to watch your mother playing croquet?" I asked Elizabeth and she nodded. I put her on the couch so she can watch me comfortably.

Elizabeth sits down on the couch obediently.