-11-

Percy groaned internally. He totally just fell for that. But, he was a demigod, he can get out of this. "Sure. Just not now." Percy says, turning to walk away. "You said you'd do it!" Esmerelda protested. "You're right. But I never said when, or how even. I can show it three years from now, I can draw it and while it won't be a perfect image, it would be my face. All you said was 'I want to see your face.'" Percy says matter-of-factly. "Alaric! Don't twist my words! I just want to see why you're so keen on hiding from me!" The queen said, her eyes becoming glossy.

"I'm not hiding from you," Percy says. Actually, he was, but it was for a good reason. "Yes, you are! You won't show me your face, you never talk about where you're from, you look sad at times, and then you cover it all up with that damned smile! I just wanna be here for you Alaric! But that's not even your real name, is it." She said, obviously hurt. Percy didn't understand why, but it made him feel bad.

"You're right I'm hiding from you. Did you ever think that maybe there was a reason behind that?" Percy says. "Why do you care anyway? You just made it clear that you barely know me." Percy said, and he turned from her to an approaching warrior. "Pardon me, my lady. Liore, food's ready." "I'll be right there," Percy says. When his sister left, he started to follow, but the Queen's words brought him to a halt. "It's bad to push people away, Perseus." She says. "I prefer 'Percy', thank you," Percy says without skipping a beat. "And we should speak later about how you came to knowledge this information. I'll be by when the sun meets the moon." Percy says. His tone left no room for debate. He went inside and were greeted by his annoyed comrades saying he took too long.

Elves are very poetic creatures, and they call Midnight the time when the sun and the moon dance, even though the sun is nowhere in sight. The hour just before Midnight is when 'the sun meets the moon'. Percy's use of the terms 'midnight', 'night,' and 'morning' has gotten them accustomed to Percy's earthly terms, and he has even said some of theirs. Though he hadn't really got it. How do they say 'goodnight'? 'Goodthesunmeetsthemoon'? 'Goodthesunandthemoondance'? That seemed like a mouthful to Percy.

Percy stood on the roof of the barracks, eyes closed and listening, getting into sync with the surrounding darkness. Esmerelda had left the palace, and she had not returned, so he had to find her if he really wanted to talk. A sudden movement from behind and Percy's hand shot up, instinctively blocking whatever was coming towards him. It was a fist, and Percy opened his eyes, blinking rapidly as his eyes adjusted to the darkness. But he couldn't see anything. He was holding someone's fist, but he saw no one. "You've gotten better Percy." A voice said. Mystified by the familiar sound, Percy threw his opponent down. His hand wrapped around what felt like a neck, and while he had no intent to kill, he held them firmly to the ground.

"Show yourself." He said lowly. Almost instantly, a familiar face came into view. "Clarisse La Rue. You're dead."

I know it's short. I'm sorry. Next chapter should be better, at least event wise. Thoughts on this one? Also...

Almost 900 reads. *happy dance* Here's something completely random to show my happiness:

P.s. If you want another pjo fanfic, check my profile. If you decide you don't want to read mine (I completely understand) I have a whole reading list.