Part Seven

Part 7

Aamir recruited Irfaan and Yasmeen to help him with his secretive preparations, while keeping Nusayba away from any plans that he had. Nusayba had to be distracted. Yasmeen was meant to keep her entertained and far away from Yaseera. The last thing that he needed was Yaseera making Nusayba feel any less, feel unwanted, unwelcomed. Irfaan, along with his best friends, ran around to ensure that everything went according to plan. It was a lot easier since there was already a wedding happening. Aamir merely had to ask the Moulana conducting the marriage to do his and Nusayba's as well. It was all very minor things.

The biggest, scariest one that he feared, was getting her a wedding dress. Unable to ask Yaseera to help him, he asked his soon to be mother-in-law, his mother and Yasmeen to assist on what Nusayba would like.

What would she like? What colour would she want?

Mentally, he sighed. He knew Nusayba. She was a princess – an Indian, brave warrior princess and nothing but the best for her would do. Rolling out the stiffness in his neck and shoulders, he pulled out Irfaan's laptop and began his search on where to find the best bridal outfit for his little princess.

Then again, he had to consider the fact that she had already brought something to wear for the wedding. How would she just accept her wedding outfit without being suspicious? It had to be something extravagant and beautiful, but also not something too conspicuous as a bridal outfit. The thought of him buying her the bridal dress and having her not like it, crushed his soul.

After spending nearly half a day searching for something, Aamir called first Muhammed and Yusuf to see his choice. It was stunning. A wide skirt, handstitched fine and beadwork lined from top to bottom. A spiral, umbrella sort of linework flowed in delicate floral stitching, the burgundy and gold beading contrasted against the cream coloured material underneath. The top was semi-tightly fitted against the displayed mannequin. Although it was a cream coloured lining material, not a hint of it could be seen from the heavy beadwork on the top. An extra length scarf was included with the border having a broad 5-centimetre lining for the extensive beadwork.

"This is the one, bro!" Yusuf said in a thick voice.

When Aamir looked at him, Yusuf twisted his body away from Aamir and his brother and then stood up, wiped his hands over his eyes. "I just can't believe it," he whispered, unknowingly it was louder than he meant for it to be. "My sister is getting married."

Aamir stood up and walked to his friend, his soon to be brother, placed a comforting hand on his shoulder. "It changes nothing between us, Yusuf. She will always be your sister. And I doubt that the three of you could be apart for too long. I promise you, I will take care of her. She will be a queen. She will want for nothing. I will give her all that I am able to. Please, believe me."

Yusuf turned and faced his friend with red eyes. "I know, Aamir. I know that, that is why I can give you my approval, but it doesn't change the fact that I am losing my sister. It doesn't change the fact that I can't just come home and ask her to help me to move the things in my room. Or ask her to do my paperwork. I can't tell her to make me my ginger biscuits that I mwho has been with me since the start of my conception. Do you know what it is like to lose someone who has always been there for you? I have lived with my brother and sister from the very beginning. Being with them is all I know."

"I won't lie, I was not as close to Yaseera. I love her, I respect her, but she and I were never that close. But what you have with your siblings is something magical. To me, it is what I feel for my younger siblings. I am not trying to break up your family, Yusuf. I swear by Allah, that Nusayba will be treated like a queen." He gave a weak chuckle. "And, I am not some sort of monster. I won't keep you from your sister, or your sister from you."