Chapter 21: Sudden reality

Louise

"Please can you check the cctv again, there's got to be something" I pleaded for the 7th time.

It's been 3 days since I've last seen Isabella and no one seemed to have any idea where she may have gone. People have told me she's probably gone off on her own. A spontaneous trip or just wanted to be on her own. But my gut tells me something different.

"Ma'am we have checked the club's footage and the camera's outside and have seen nothing unusual. The last thing we saw was her walking off with a boy".

"I've already told you who that is. It's Tom. No one has seen him either" I rolled my eyes getting frustrated at hearing the same things.

"Ma'am have you considered that they may have gone off together and gone away for a couple of days".

"No. I know Isabella and this is not like her at all. I'll get down to the bottom of it myself" I lowly growled whilst turning on the balls of my feet and huffing my way out of the police station.

Storming down the street and groaning in annoyance I hurry into the park and collapse on a bench and instantly rest my head in my hands.

Letting out a deep sigh I look out to the isolated park and see couples and families hurry home for the darkness would soon settle. But I wasn't fazed in the slightest. My best friend was missing and I had a horrible feeling she was taken against her will. Could she have been taken by Tom?

Wow. Now you're just being plain stupid.

Pulling my phone out of my pocket I unlock it and open up my photos. An instant smile lights up on my face as I look through the selfies that me and Isabella took 3 days ago. The night she disappeared.

Memories came back of the night and how she had been happier than usual upon hearing Tom's return, the unexpected roses and the oh god. The text message and roses.

My face paled as I began to remember the comment I'd made to her jokingly about the mysterious man.

"Ooh my girlie has got herself a stalker. Perhaps he's one of those hot rich stalkers that you read about on Wattpad. Who knows, he may meet you at the club tonight".

I told her that on the night she disappeared. She's been kidnapped. Guilt washes over me with how chilled I was about her stalker.

Abruptly standing up I began to run to the direction of the police station eager to tell them new valuable pieces of information. But my desperation made me careless and caused me to bump into a hard surface. Stumbling back I looked up slightly startled unsure if I had bumped into a person or a lamppost.

"Oh dear my little cupcake, you should always look where you run or who you run into" a sinister voice sounds from in front of me and my heart begins to pound furiously.

It can't be.

I looked up in horror at the familiar voice and let out a small scream upon gazing into his cold ruthless eyes. My feet slowly edged backwards and I began to shake my head frantically from side to side.

"Fancy seeing you here. Anyway, I need you to come with me" he whispered menacingly.

"No, I won't come with you you bastard" I screamed loudly hoping a passerby would intervene.

"Unfortunately for you, you don't have a choice".

Before I could get away I felt a needle prick into my neck and seconds later my senses began to dull. I used every strength I had left to get away, but my legs had already given way and I was now crawling on the floor hoping to reach some sort of safety.