Chapter 14

I had changed the plan for Oliver and I to go to the party instead of a movie after realizing I had to be two places at one that day. It would probably be better this way because I wouldn't disappoint Ringo but at the same time Paul wouldn't bother me there if I had a date.

I think Audrey thought I was pulling her leg about the party though I didn't even crack a smile when I told her, she'd already been so in disbelief I knew Paul McCartney.

"Oliver's here!" Audrey called up to the guest room.

"Coming!" I giggled to myself flailing my arms around my head to try to get rid of the thick fog of smoke if created in the room as I left from it.

I had worn a short black shift dress and white go go boots, flat ironed my hair and even put on some makeup Audrey had given me.

"What's that smell?" Ben scrunched his nose as I walked into the entrance way.

"I dunno." I smiled widely lying through my teeth smugly.

"Charlie, if he tries anything again," Audrey began worriedly.

"I'll get the hell out of there and call you. I've got this under control." I nodded with a goofy smile.

She nodded knowingly.

Oliver had shown up once again in his perfect car that we'd taken to the boat. He'd greeted me normally like any other gentlemen would and escorted me to the car as we said goodbye to Audrey and Ben.

"You look nice." He complemented making me giggle.

"As do you." I spoke making myself giggle even more.

He gave me a slightly strange look and opened the passenger door for me as I got in.

I caught a glimpse of how red my eyes were in the window and blinked a couple times shaking my head trying to compose myself from the effects of the drugs.

The two of us made little conversation in the car on our way to the address of the party, unsure of what to say to one another. I was really beginning to question where my mind had gone, I knew deep down I could never love him after what he'd done.

Once we'd made it inside the crowded mansion I couldn't help but think back to the party I'd went to with Paul and Ringo.

Pushing it to the back of my mind I spotted Ringo, causing me to smile with joy.

Once Ringo spotted me he motioned for me to go over to him as he stood in the kitchen, leaning on the counter.

I lead Oliver over to him, seeing Ringo's smile falter.

"Hello Charlie." Ringo grinned prying his eyes away from Oliver and over to me.

"Hi Ringo." I smiled brightly.

"Who's this?" Ringo asked looking to Oliver once again with slight bitterness.

"Oliver, I brought a date, I hope you don't mind." I smiled innocently hoping he wasn't angry with me.

"Of course not, it's nice to meet you Oliver." Ringo smiled holding out a hand for him to shake.

Oliver shook it with a smile, seeming to be unaware that Ringo was famous.

Just then a gorgeous woman placed herself under Ringo's arm with a large grin.

I smiled in awe.

"This is Maureen, my wife." Ringo smiled proudly before kissing her on the forehead.

"Maureen this is Charlie and Oliver." He introduced us.

"It's nice to meet you two." She nodded happily wrapping her hands around Ringo.